Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner - In-house Registry, Rotating - Med Surg
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner - In-house Registry, RotatingAt
Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference
in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is
what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an
integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our
quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the
Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride
ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition
reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle
benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest
* Annual Employee Incentive Bonus
* $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
* $5,250 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($3,000 part-time)
* $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
* $250 Wellbeing Fund per year
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) reflects the mission,
vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of
Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all
relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory
and accreditation standards.
The SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) is a registered
professional nurse who provides exemplary specialized,
trauma-informed medical forensic services to all individuals who
presents with a complaint or concern of sexual assault. These
services will be prompt, non-judgmental and compassionate while
encouraging autonomy and reducing psychological trauma. The medical
forensic services may include a medical forensic exam and evidence
collection, counseling for emergency contraception, prophylactic
treatment for sexually transmitted infections, photo documentation,
and referrals for appropriate medical and psychological follow-up,
support and participation in legal proceedings.
* Acts autonomously following the professional standards as
outlined by the Sexual Assault Survivors Emergency Treatment Act
(SASETA), the Illinois Nurse Practice Act, the International
Association of Forensic Nurses Scope and Standards of Practice, and
unit specific protocols appropriate to the patient population
* Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team, including
SANE coordinator, providers, imaging and therapeutic services to
facilitate care of sexual assault survivor.
* Maintains documentation standards with accurate, timely and
complete recording and reporting to ensure compliance with
* Maintains appropriate survivor privacy and chain of custody for
all evidence collected, including Illinois State Police Evidence
Collection Kit (ISPECK).
* Remains up to date on current regulatory and legislative
guidelines related to treatment and documentation standards for
sexual assault survivors.
* Educates survivors and their families to meet their emotional and
healthcare needs to aid in the recovery process.
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established
departmental safety rules and practices, reports to supervisor, in
a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or
safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other
employees, patients and/or visitors.
* Testifies in court as a fact witness and/or expert and assists
other SANEs in preparing for court proceedings.
* Provides a learning atmosphere by sharing knowledge with
coworkers; participates in orientation of new staff by providing
content relevant to caring for sexual assault survivors.
* Supports continuous quality improvement efforts designed to
enhance patient outcomes, increase patient satisfaction, and
improve the overall care of sexual assault survivors
* Ensures professional growth and development by participating in
and utilizing current evidence-based information and keeping
current with standards in Forensic and SANE nursing practice.
* Maintains required medical and forensic continuing education
requirements per current regulatory or legislative guidelines.
* Participates in goal setting, program development and evaluation
of the regional and system-wide SANE programs.
* Attends monthly SANE meetings and participates in peer
* BSN or MSN
* Current Illinois Licensure as a Registered Nurse in good
* BLS certification upon hire
* Completion of the IL SANE Clinical Training Program within 1 year
* Completion of an International Association of Forensic Nursing
(IAFN) approved 40-hour didactic class
* Completion of the IL SANE Clinical Training Log
* Adult/Adolescent SANE or Pediatric/Adolescent SANE
* Certified SANE-A or Certified SANE-P
* ACLS Certification
* TNCC or TNS
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Chicago , Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner - In-house Registry, Rotating - Med Surg, Healthcare , Winfield, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!