Nurse Extern II - Oncology/Renal/Med/Surg
Company: Advocate Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
- Under the observation of the Registered Nurse, completes
activities of daily living, vital sign completion and blood glucose
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in establishing a plan
of care based upon an analysis of health, education and
developmental needs and patient/family preferences.
- Under the observation of the Registered Nurse, evaluates
patient response to interventions and effectively communicates
observations and patient needs to the Registered Nurse.
- Develops delegation skills appropriate to Health Unit
Coordinators, Nursing Assistants and technical roles on unit.
- Administers medication as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
The level of clinical judgment and proficiency of skill must be
evaluated prior to medication administration.
- Manages an increased number of patients and incorporates
principles of time management into shift routine.
- Demonstrates an ability to collect and synthesize relevant
patient data accurately identifying patient status and needs.
- In emergency situations and under appropriate supervision of a
Registered Nurse, participates in activities they have demonstrated
knowledge and skill in.
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties,
which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited or approved program in
- No experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Current enrollment (in final year) or graduate of an accredited
- Successful completion of a Medical Surgical Course that
includes pharmacological concepts.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to
interruptions and changing priorities/workload necessary.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and
reach above shoulders during the work shift.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- - push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- - perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Will be required to use foot pedals on carts or machines.
- Must have functional vision and hearing.
- Will be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and
radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids on a continuous
basis; therefore, protective clothing must be worn as
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Chicago , Nurse Extern II - Oncology/Renal/Med/Surg, Healthcare , Libertyville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!