Registered Nurse Utilization Review Specialist - SAMC
Company: AMITA Health
Posted on: October 12, 2018
We're Hiring Title: RN-Spclst-Utilization ReviewCity, State: Lisle,ILLocation: NavistarDepartment: Total Quality Management 002Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly - PLEASE NOTE: Training will place at Corporate Offices in Lisle and transition to on-site ED at Saint Alexius Medical Center. Position requires flexibility in scheduling and required to work every other weekend. Why Join AMITA? AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension. With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.What You Will Do Job Summary:Provides health care services regarding admissions, case management, discharge planning and utilization review.Responsibilities:
- Reviews admissions and service requests within assigned unit for prospective, concurrent and retrospective medical necessity and/or compliance with reimbursement policy criteria. Provides case management and/or consultation for complex cases.
- Assists departmental staff with issues related to coding, medical records/documentation, precertification, reimbursement and claim denials/appeals.
- Assesses and coordinates discharge planning needs with healthcare team members.
- Prepares statistical analysis and utilization review reports as necessary.
- Required Credential(s):
Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
Case Manager credentialed from the American Case Management Association (ACMA).
Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
- Certification specializing in Utilization Review
credentialed from the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required Bachelor's of science in nursing preferredWork Experience:
- Three or more years of clinical experience required.One or more years of utilization review experience in the hospital or insurance industry preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMITA Health, Chicago , Registered Nurse Utilization Review Specialist - SAMC, Healthcare , Lisle, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!