Reg Nurse Navigator, Nursing Practice Office, St Francis Hospital
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Requisition ID: 53085
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Nurse Navigator is a registered professional nurse (RN) who functions on the multidisciplinary team as an advocate, interpreter, educator and counselor for patients, ensuring that all patients receive quality and comprehensive services. Coordinates patient care throughout the continuum in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, and serve as a clinical resource with expertise in area of specialty. Provides expert nursing care, which includes direct clinical practice, consultation, education and research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides continuity of care by ensuring smooth transitions between care settings. Develops a relationship with patient and their multidisciplinary team to facilitate and/or navigate through subsequent treatment and follow-up to reflect continuity of care.
- Works closely with physicians in all specialty areas to coordinate patient's care plan communication; works with multidisciplinary team to maintain and implement up-to-date coordinated patient centered care plan; communicates with all members of the healthcare team as patient advocate.
- Uses clinical protocols to refer patients to appropriate specialist for diagnosis or treatment and assists patients and their families in obtaining
timely referrals to needed specialists. Provides support and counseling, as appropriate to the clinical situation.
- Supports the patient and family by providing education, addressing psychosocial needs, advocating, providing continuity of care and
identifying barriers to care, navigates patients and family members throughout the diagnosis, treatment and the follow-up of the patient
throughout the continuum of care.
- Coordinates timely, seamless, evidenced based care across the care continuum resulting in best patient outcomes.
- Proactively develops and enhances processes with the goal of improving the clinical experience for referred patients and the referring
- Maintains knowledge of available clinical trials. Facilitates awareness of appropriate clinical trials to physician and patient.
- Completes a nursing assessment to identify the patient's individualized needs. Communicates with the referring physician's offices as
appropriate to the patient and physician's needs.
- Assist leadership in developing program vision, goals and objectives. Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of
quality programs that include best practice patient care outcomes including quality of life, and enhanced patient loyality.
- Works with marketing and outreach departments to educate community, referring physicians and facilities on available services.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks
and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduation from an accredited nursing program required. Three years of experience as an RN with leadership responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Certification in area of specialty preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Clinic, Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Healthcare
Keywords: Presence Health, Chicago , Reg Nurse Navigator, Nursing Practice Office, St Francis Hospital, Healthcare , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!