Radiology Technologist, Full Time Rotating Shift, St Francis Hospital,
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Requisition ID: 58082
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Radiology Technologist performs all radiographic procedures while under the general supervision of a licensed practitioner for the purposes of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders at a technical level not requiring constant supervision and within the scope of their license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all radiographic procedures and administration of contrast media with appropriate application of technical and positioning protocols, safety procedures, radiation protection, and proper image identifying criteria according to department policy and procedure.
- Verifies physician orders for instructions from requesting physician and consults with the radiologists as necessary. Explains procedure and provides education as appropriate.
- Performs equipment warm up, calibration and safety check. Operates hospital computer system. Reports to supervisor any equipment malfunctions. Prepares/operates equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines for appropriate quality control.
- Responsible for departmental records. Accurately and promptly documents in departmental records (film, file and computer) patient name, exam date, film/image markers, clinical history, complaints, allergies, etc Reports reactions, complications, changes in condition etc. to radiologist, physician, supervisor, peers and nursing unit as necessary.
- Performs ECG's, Phlebotomy (e.g. sample collection, venous access for contrast administration), and DEXA Bone Densitometry and may also be required to complete patient registration and/or scheduling as required by the site/service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an approved program in Radiologic Technology.
Two years of radiologic experience preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Excel and Meditech.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency/Illinois Division of Nuclear Safety (IEMA/IDNS) license in the appropriate modality is required.
Eligible for or registered and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART). CPR certification preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Physiology, Clinic, Radiology, Rad Tech, Healthcare
Associated topics: arrt, cardiac, cath, cath lab, catheterization, computerized, ct technologist, mammographer, ndt, rad
Keywords: Presence Health, Chicago , Radiology Technologist, Full Time Rotating Shift, St Francis Hospital,, Healthcare , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!