Sr Product Manager - Urology
Company: MEDLINE INDUSTRIES
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Job DescriptionIt is a particularly exciting time to be a Senior
Product Manager at Medline. The healthcare landscape is changing,
and our customers are looking to us for solutions. As a Senior
Product Manager, you are responsible for driving sales of your
product categories. You will collaborate with business units across
the organization including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Inventory
Management and Finance.
What makes product management different at Medline is your ability
to run your product line as if it were your own business. Our
leadership teams are passionate about their business and expect the
same from you. Looking for visibility? You found it! If you have an
entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for ownership and a fast
paced work environment, we've got it!
Make an impact at Medline!
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager of Foley Catheters in the
Urology Division located at our new corporate headquarters in
Northfield, IL. In addition, they will head up and be responsible
for growth primarily in the Post Acute Care segment, but will
manage all segments.
What will you do?
- Strategize Medline's entry into a $700M+ market to double
domestic opportunity potential for urology division. Identify new
product needs and trends to advance the current offering to become
a market leader.
- Build out global supply chain to keep up with momentous
divisional growth in the hospital market.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and
promotional programs for existing products to include product
strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation, and
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing
factors. Offer solutions to detrimental sales or cost trends.
Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense
expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of
competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with
appropriately detailed Marketing Plans.
- Work with Manufacturing and Purchasing to reduce Cost of Goods.
Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and optimizing
SKU count. May negotiate pricing with vendors for raw materials and
finished goods. Visit vendors to develop products and train
personnel all aspects of each product and usages. Coordinate
materials with vendors and develop finished custom items.
- Analyze and bid on GPO and/or IDN contracts for assigned
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal
stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Understand customer and sales force needs via effective market
research and translate that research into new products, product
improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers
to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales
forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
Why Medline? We'll let the numbers speak for us.
- 45+ years of consecutive growth (doubt-digit for the past
- 20+ product divisions and counting
- 350,000+ products and counting
- 15,000 employees spanning the globe
- 100+ years in the industry. We know healthcare.
- Ranked number 47 on Forbes' 2016 list of largest privately held
companies in the U.S.
- Conducting business in 90+ countries
What can you expect once you're on board?
- Medical, dental, vision & Rx Plan
- 401k with company match!
- Impress friends & family with tours of our 679,000 square foot
- Indoor basketball court & fitness center open 24/7 and free to
- Subsidized cafeteria: eat healthy, spend less
- Break up the day with a quick game of ping pong or shuffle
- Collaborate to innovate! Get away from your cube and team up
with coworkers at the fireplace or at one of our many meeting
- Worried about the drive? Check out our commuter options
- Bachelor's degree.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 5 years experience in marketing, sales, product
management or clinical practice in the healthcare
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling).
Keywords: MEDLINE INDUSTRIES, Chicago , Sr Product Manager - Urology, Healthcare , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!