Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Administration - Travel Required
Company: Rush University Medical Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
- Job Title: Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Administration -
- Shift: 1st
- Full/Part: Active Regular FT (72 to 80 hours per pay
- Job Number: 2019-3116
Job Description:Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Administration - 1st
TRAVEL REQUIRED to: Hoffman Estates, Rush Copley, Rush Oak Park,
St. Joseph in Joliet, and Elmhurst
- The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting
Physicians, Mid-Level Practitioners, and Registered Nurses with the
evaluation, management, and treatment of patients in an ambulatory
- The Certified Medical Assistant assumes responsibility for
maintaining patient flow, the upkeep of exam and treatment rooms,
and performing basic skills such as vital signs and point of care
- The Certified Medical Assistant will administer intramuscular
injections, immunizations, and over-the-counter medications under
the direction of a Physician
- Will function in dual administrative front desk role as a
backup when necessary
- Coordinates and maintains organized patient flow.
- Performs patient intake: vital signs, height and weight, reason
for visit, interim history, allergies, medication lists, and other
interventions as required.
- Prepares patient for exam based on reason for visit.
- Prepares and supports patient and assists provider with
- Reviews appointment schedules and ensures all patient charts
are available for the visit.
- Reviews patient charts and ensures that all ancillary reports
and required paperwork are available to the provider at the time of
- Administers immunizations as ordered by Physician.
- Demonstrates appropriate population specific techniques with
- Cleans, prepares and stocks exam rooms, treatment rooms, and
- Calls patients regarding test results and medical instruction
under the direction of a Physician.
- Assists with scheduling of patient tests, procedures, and
- Assists in the care, cleaning, and sterilization of equipment
- Maintains the inventory of medical and linen supplies.
- Provides cross coverage to other clinical areas as
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Current Clinical Medical Assistant Certification by AAMA, AMT,
NCCT, or NHA (includes principles and techniques of injections and
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program is
- Current CPR Certification
- Minimum of one year clinical experience preferred
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Computer skills required, Epic Ambulatory experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country,
Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance
your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664
- Ranked among the top 20 "Best Places to Work" by
- In U.S. News & World Report's 2017-2018 Best Hospitals issue,
Rush ranked among the top 50 hospitals in 8 of 16
- Rush University Medical Center received five stars in a quality
rating system by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS). Rush University Medical Center is the only
five-star academic medical center in the Chicago area.
- Rush has been named one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the country
by Truven Health Analytics three times.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.Complete
Keywords: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago , Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Administration - Travel Required, Healthcare , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!