Customer Service and Cleaning Associate, Full Time: Oakbrook Center
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Customer Service and Cleaning Associate, also known as a Touch
Point Cleaning Associate, is responsible for ensuring that Macy's
colleagues and customers are working and shopping in an environment
that is clean and sanitary. The main responsibilities of this
position will be disinfecting and cleaning surfaces and areas that
are the most highly trafficked in our Store.-- TPC colleagues must
also provide outstanding customer service by assisting customers
with questions and maintaining merchandise presentation on the
floor.-- Must be able to complete HAZCOM and other required
training and follow training protocols. Perform other duties as
assigned.--Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates
to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts
to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the
interview process.--Essential Functions:
- Clean and disinfect Touch Point surfaces with a cleaning cloth
multiple times per day.
- Ensure that surfaces such as all door handles, counters,
handrails, caselines, faucets and wrap-stands are disinfected.
- Clean surfaces within fulfillment rooms, colleague breakrooms,
meeting tables and colleague lockers.
- Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a mask,
apron and gloves during cleaning process.
- Follow all cleaning and disposal protocols, including HAZCOM
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room
go backs to standard, if applicable.
- Retrieve additional merchandise for customers as
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these and other functions in an efficient manner, as
directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.--
Qualifications: --Education /Experience:
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division. Reasoning Ability:
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for
extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus
adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of
- May involve moving or lifting items under 30 pounds.
- Using cleaning and disinfectant agents for cleaning.Other
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize a changing
- Must be willing to meet and interact with customers.-- Work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings,
evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after
Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas,
based on department and store/company needs.--This job overview is
not all inclusive.-- In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right
to amend this job overview at any time.-- Macy's is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment.-- Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's -
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
convictions in a manner consistent with----and--.
Keywords: Macy's, Chicago , Customer Service and Cleaning Associate, Full Time: Oakbrook Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!