Company: Aperion Care International
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Aperion Care International - SUMMARY: The Cook is responsible
for food preparation in accordance with current applicable federal,
state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our
established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the
Dietitian and/or Director of Food Services, to assure that quality
food service is provided at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Assist in developing, implementing and coordinating department
policies, procedures, and food service manuals.
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel,
residents, visitors, family members, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed
by the attending physician. Assure that food is available for
preparation by cooks.
- Coordinate food services with other departments as
- Work with the facility's dietitian and implement recommended
changes as required.
- Ensure that all food service procedures are followed in
accordance with established policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- One (1) year dietary/food experience in a hospital, nursing
care facility, or other related medical facility preferred but not
- Must have State Food Service Sanitation certification.
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50
- Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Keywords: Aperion Care International, Chicago , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!