District Sales Manager-Chicago-Remote
Company: Sysco Northeast Rdc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Company: US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLCZip Code:60188Minimum
Level of Education:Bachelor's DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:5
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 25%Who We
Are:Guest Worldwide is a global collective of dynamic,
industry-leading companies with more than 40 years of unparalleled
experience serving the unique needs of diverse markets in every
corner of the world. From providing full-spectrum hospitality and
distribution solutions at Guest Supply - and manufacturing
award-winning personal care amenities at Gilchrist & Soames, to
manufacturing versatile and innovative product assortments that
create smarter textile solutions at Manchester Mills, we're proud
to provide products to more than 25,000 hotels in over 100
countries. Guest Worldwide is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco -
an industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company,
employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th
largest sales organization in the world. Learn more by visiting JOB
SUMMARYThe District Sales Manager (DSM) provides leadership,
strategic planning and monitors all sales activities of Territory
Managers (TMs) for assigned districts to ensure the team achieves
maximum profitability and growth in line with the Company's vision
and goals. The DSM establishes and jointly builds strategic plans
with Regional Sales Vice President to increase sales revenues from
current clients and new client acquisitions.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual
sales quotas for districts and territories.
- Work closely with TMs (territory managers) to project expected
sales volume and profit for existing and new properties.
- Ensure that plans are followed by TMs (territory managers) to
ensure all goals are met.
- Assign and/or reassign accounts as necessary.
- Spearhead the recruitment, motivation, development of TMs
(territory managers) for the assigned district and instill a
culture of accountability, performance-based management, teamwork,
and other best practices to achieve the goals of the
- Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to TMs (territory
managers) on progress towards goals.
- Coach and develop TMs (territory managers) in balancing the
delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service.
- Participate in staff selection, performance and compensation
evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary.
- Promote continuous training and development of associates.
- Lead and facilitate change management in support of
- Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Work directly with the TMs (territory managers) and customers
in the field by assisting on sales calls while providing
constructive feedback to further develop the skill sets of each TMs
- Oversee training and educational programs for TMs (territory
- Participate in major client presentations and discussions to
ensure best in class customer service.
- Work with all operating divisions that support the sales
organization to create and ensure a collaborative work
- Increase sales through account penetration by analyzing current
sales and volume, planning sales calls and following up.
- Utilize product knowledge, ROI and analytical research tools
(i.e., Phocas, GForce, and Salesforce.com) and sales training
resources to effectively target new prospects and
- Maintain, build, and expand customer relationships.
- Regularly interact and communicate with various internal
departments to provide vital information that may be necessary for
servicing the customer. This may include advance notification to
Merchandising changes, increased or decreased product movement, new
business, changes in proprietary product or other related
- Provide advance notification to Operations about new customers
or any other changes that may affect customer orders or
- Continuously monitor assigned accounts and take corrective
action, as needed, to maintain and improve overall customer
- Immediately notify the management team if an existing account
is in jeopardy of discontinuing service or issues remain unresolved
regardless of attempts to correct the situation.
- Work with accounts receivable to ensure customers pay invoices
within agreed-upon terms.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing or BusinessExperience
- 3 - 5 years of sales management experience in the B2B market
- 2 - 3 years of field sales experience
- Experience in managing a remote sales team is
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and
professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high
degree of proficiency.
- Ability to communicate clearly through email and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from clients, management and associates.
- Capable of working with others proactively and
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and
develop individuals and teams.
- Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings.
- Understand team dynamics and works well within a team
- Collaborative management style.
- Delegates responsibilities effectively.
- Recognizes and acknowledges the value others bring to the
- Exhibits a high level of trust and accountability.
- Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation, and closing
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, including pricing
- Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Solicit customer feedback to improve service.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple
- Uses time effectively.
- Identifies and resolves problems promptly.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Tactfully approaches others.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Accepts responsibility for your actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Goal-oriented and driven self-starter who can work
independently within a team environment and strives to the
- Computer literacy includes maintaining a customer database,
internet navigation and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access, and Outlook).
- Familiarity with Phocas, Gforce, Box, Salesforce.com and
PeopleSoft a plus.Physical Demands
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Work
- Depending on the assigned territory, the district sales manager
may work in a normal office environment or work from a remote
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- This management position demands travel to and from Territory
Managers, customers and prospects in the assigned region as
- There is overnight travel required as deemed necessary and
specifically pertains to company events, district meetings,
training sessions, vendor fairs, and client appointments.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles for business
travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with a driving record
that meets company minimum standards for travel throughout the
assigned district to service customers and call upon
- If working remote, you must have required software to ensure
timely communications and have a dedicated workspace free of any
distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on
customer needs.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's
Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 71,000 colleagues and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 333 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer
locations.We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunityis available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco Northeast Rdc, Chicago , District Sales Manager-Chicago-Remote, Hospitality & Tourism , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...