Service Technician - Commercial Kitchen
Company: General Parts, LLC
Posted on: October 13, 2018
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Summary: The Technician provides customer service in the field to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair commercial cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC equipment.
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Functions: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below)
- Properly troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs commercial cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC equipment.
- Provides highest level of service to the customer and professionally communicates the service needed to customers.
- Defines service problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions about the work needing to be performed.
- Legibly completes paperwork for all services performed on behalf of the customer.
- Consults with the Parts Department to get parts ordered and the Service Department to get follow up calls scheduled.
- Communicates with manufacturers as needed to help with diagnosing problems with equipment.
- Installs all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows safe work practices and accident prevention procedures.
- Maintains a neat and orderly truck, along with accurate part and tool inventory.
- Maintains productivity levels in accordance with company standards.
- Provides technical support for our staff and other technicians.
- Consults with manufacturers, sales reps, dealers, and customers.
- Promotes and recommends other services provided by the Company to customers.
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Physical Demands:
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (up to 75 pounds)
- Requires walking, standing, driving, sitting, squatting, kneeling, reaching overhead, bending, twisting, and turning for the better part of 8 hours
- Must be able to use hands for fine manipulation of hand tools
Commercial Kitchen Service Technician Qualifications:
- Refrigeration technicians must be EPA certified
- Must have a valid driver's license from the state in which applicant is applying and must be insurable by our auto insurance company
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Two (2) years of education and/or experience in food service equipment repair, or in a related area.
- Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing, and/or steam repairs a plus
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Excellent organizational skills, must be motivated, a self-starter, and able to follow through on duties and assignments with minimal supervision
- High School diploma or GED
- EPA Certification a plus
General Parts offers a competitive benefit package that includes 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Tool Allowance, Service Vehicles and more.
If you're looking for an employer who is an industry leader that has been in the business for over 75 years, then look no further.
General Parts participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: General Parts, LLC, Chicago , Service Technician - Commercial Kitchen, Hospitality & Tourism , Lombard, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!