Bakery General Labor (3rd shift)
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Position Summary:The Bakery/Packaging General Laborer is responsible for assisting in setup, production, cleanup, and packaging of product in processing and packaging areas.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows daily work instructions from area supervisor or Line Lead.
- Works in the processing and packaging of all products.
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a safe work environment while producing a safe and quality product.
- Assists in meeting set goals and objectives in the processing and packaging area.
- Ensures that work area is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are followed.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Ability to minimally speak, write and understand English.
- Must be able to understand and follow simple instructions presented in written or verbal form.
- Ability to apply commonsense to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Physical demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 2,200 pounds with lifting equipment or with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Bakery/Packaging General Labor will report directly to the Bakery Supervisor.
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Chicago , Bakery General Labor (3rd shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!