Product Training Specialist (Service Technician Trainer)
Company: Canon USA
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Location: US-IL-ItascaRequisition ID: 24667Category: Product
SupportPosition Type: Full-TimeOverview
Responsible for all training programs and training outcomes.
Determines the best instructional methods for each training session
and tests trainees to measure learning progress. Develops, directs,
plans, and evaluates training activities to meet the service
organization's requirements, including participating as a subject
matter expert and working/coordinating with the training team on
curriculum development and conducting training needs assessments.
Analyzes service training needs to determine requirements for new
program development. Works independently, with guidance in only new
or unusual situations.
- Administers, organizes, and conducts training and educational
programs in connection with printing industry hardware
- Determines the best instructional methods for each training
session, and tests trainees to measure learning progress.
- Monitors routine and standardized training programs, assesses
results and implements enhancements as needed.
- Develops, directs, plans, and evaluates training activities to
meet the organization's service requirements, including
participating as a subject matter expert and working/coordinating
with the training team on curriculum development.
- Directs the classroom and trains Canon field service and support,
independent dealers, self-maintainers, and third-party technicians
in Product Technology Certification, service workflow procedures,
and supporting software through stated objectives of
- Conducts internal escalations, field visits or dealer visits to
maintain field knowledge and acquire feedback on current training
- Establishes and documents procedures for the completion of
- Understands and responds to customer needs and requests.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Travel may be required, up to 20% with overnight stays (valid
driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Instructional Training Techniques (ITT with Friesen, Kaye) within
- Certified Technical Trainer + Classroom (CTT+ with Friesen,
Kaye/CompTIA) within 1 year.
- Virtual Techniques.
- Color Management Professional (CMP with Idealliance) within 6
- A+ and Network+ preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America provides industry
leading enterprise, production, and large format printing
solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings.
With the technology offerings of the Canon and Oc-- brands, Canon
Solutions America helps companies of all sizes find ways to:
improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in
conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and
traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly
owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is
headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations
across the U.S.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit
sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition
programs, vacation, and much more.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
#LI-EF1 #PM20 #CSACB
Keywords: Canon USA, Chicago , Product Training Specialist (Service Technician Trainer), Human Resources , Itasca, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!