Paralegal (Employment Litigation)
Company: The Prinz Law Firm
Posted on: April 11, 2021
PARALEGAL (EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION) REPORTS TO: Managing Partner
and Staff Attorneys, at times to the Administrative Office Manager
and Paralegal/Media & Marketing Manager.
STATUS: Full-time, approx. 40 hours/week (open to negotiation,
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience
SCHEDULE: To Be Determined
LOCATION: 1 E. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601
OUR FIRM The Prinz Law Firm is a woman-owned boutique legal
practice focusing on employment and business law. Unlike typical
firms in our field, we serve both employees and employers, and we
do so through fierce, transparent, and compassionate
representation. Our work is varied and can include litigating
non-compete agreements, negotiating executive severance packages,
combatting discrimination, and training businesses to form positive
workplace cultures. In all we do, our experienced attorneys and
staff take pride in cultivating client relationships marked by
trust, professionalism, creativity, and flexibility. After client
support, nothing matters more to us than our firm culture. Our
small practice is marked by a highly collaborative team that leans
on one another to accomplish big projects and overcome tough
challenges. And no matter one's position or role, we value one
another as co-workers and make mutual respect and good humor
hallmarks of our day-to-day interactions. THE POSITION As a
fast-paced, growing law firm focusing our practice on employment
law, we are seeking a reliable, organized, detail-oriented
paralegal to assist attorneys and office staff with legal and
office support. The position of paralegal has a broad range of
duties, including filing documents with the court, preparing and
drafting legal documents, conducting occasional legal research, and
assisting attorneys with overall case management.
- E-file documents with various courts.
- Draft documents for litigation, e.g., demand letters,
complaints, motions, and discovery requests and responses.
- Draft and file administrative agency charges and responses
(e.g., with EEOC and IDHR).
- Review and index discovery documents.
- Oversee case and file management for several clients, tracking
matter activity and pending deadlines.
- Conduct occasional legal research.
- Proofread documents for accuracy and cogency.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly team meetings.
- Perform general administrative tasks, projects, and other
responsibilities as requested by attorneys and senior staff
- Maintain client and firm confidentiality at all times.
- Utilize creative and analytical skills to problem-solve a
variety of challenges.
- Ensure that documentation and billing practices are consistent
with firm policies and procedures. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to respectfully and attentively follow directions.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a cooperative,
- Ability to work independently at times, and to self-monitor and
- Clear understanding of general law office standards and
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in conduct and manner
representative of the firm.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time-sensitive
documents and requests.
- Proficient in the use of technology including MS Office, case
management software systems, and electronic filing.
- Excellent research, analytical, and critical thinking
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and commitment to delivering
high-quality work product.
- Strong communication skills.
- 3-5 years' experience in paralegal role is required.
Certification and meaningful experience in a litigation setting is
preferred; prior employment law experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of legal terms and procedures pertaining to
the field of employment law preferred.
HOURS AND COMPENSATIONPosition offers flexible hours during regular
business hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (8:00
a.m. start on Mondays). Compensation: dependent upon
Draft a 300-500-word response to one of the following:
- What are 3 values of our firm that attract you and why?
- Have you ever misjudged someone? How and why did you misjudge
them? How did the experience change you?
- Who is the best teacher you have ever had and why?
- What historical person do you most admire? What about his/her
life inspires you?
- What skills do you have that have helped you most in life?
Submit r--sum--, cover letter, and writing sample to with subject
Keywords: The Prinz Law Firm, Chicago , Paralegal (Employment Litigation), Human Resources , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!