Company: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Veterinarian led and owned for three decades, MedVet strives
daily to enhance the lives of pets, their loving families, and the
veterinary community. Through this relentless commitment and
dedication, MedVet is growing a network of emergency and specialty
hospitals for pets, with facilities across the country to deliver
exceptional care and preserve the integrity of the veterinary
profession. Our team consists of over 2,500 employees who are
helping to advance our mission of Leading Specialty Healthcare for
Pets. If you love pets and want to work for an organization that
truly is mission-driven, MedVet might be the place for you! Due to
our growth, we are adding a Chicago -based HR Generalist to our
team. This position, which reports into the HR Manager for MedVet's
West Region, directly supports our largest hospital located in
Chicago along a with our North Shore Hospital . Y ou'll work
directly with the hospital leaders (Medical Directors and Hospital
Directors), Clinical Managers, and team members on a wide range of
HR issues, leveraging the tools and resources from our
Compensation, Benefits, Learning & Organizational Development, and
Talent Acquisition teams. Responsibilities include, but are not
- Coaches managers on the timely processing and accurate
completion of status changes and other related forms and documents.
Works with payroll to ensure the timely submission, processing and
problem resolution of payroll and related changes.
- Informs leaders and team members about company policies and
guidelines, including compensation, benefits, leaves of absence,
terminations, training programs, and related documents.
- Supports implementation of all employee experience programs,
processes and other initiatives, including delivery and training to
- Supports the recruiting team with internal or external
recruiting resources and support for new employee on-boarding.
- Provides support to managers with employee relations issues and
applicable company policies and employment laws.
- Acts as a single point-of-contact for HDs, MDs, and Clinical
Managers at respective locations.
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes
necessary to cover risks, in alignment with the broader HR
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to HDs,
MDs, and Managers (coaching, counseling, career development,
- Works closely with managers and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years
of experience in Human Resources. Bachelor's Degree in Human
Resources or related field. PHR, SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
Experience in the healthcare and/or veterinary industry is a plus
but not required. In addition, this position requires:
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including
compensation practices, employee relations, performance management,
and federal and state employment laws
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team in
a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with
- Knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships
- Knowledge of local, federal, and state employment laws and
regulations MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full
benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance,
dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K. Come as you are. MedVet
is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free
organization; therefore, employment with MedVet is dependent upon
the passing of a drug screen and background check. MedVet does not
accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. You have
been redirected to a MedVet job page
Keywords: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Chicago , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!