Director, HR Business Partner
Posted on: August 7, 2022
You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have
the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a
culture in which people know they matter and are part of something
important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to
their fullest potential.
The Director, HR Business Partner is a senior level HR practitioner
supporting our organization. In partnership with business leaders,
you will design and implement both strategic, long range
operational goals, and tactical initiatives that will assist the
business in achieving their targets. The role will also lead or
participate in special projects/assignment, both within their
business area and HR. We are in need of a talented professional
with a strong background in organizational design, change
management, and strategy and implementation. This person must
possess the ability to collaborate and influence their business
The Director, HR Business Partner works with business leaders to
deliver human capital solutions to improve business results for
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with business leaders to create and drive human
capital strategy for a specific area of the business, in alignment
with overall business strategy.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and constantly strives to improve.
Embraces change with confidence. Mentors and coaches more junior HR
- Collaborates with HR Centers of Excellence (COE's) to deliver
HR services and solutions in line with function or business unit
strategy (Talent Acquisition, Leadership Development, Learning and
Development, Total Rewards, Organizational Change Management,
- Works with business leaders to develop strategic workforce plan
in line with the function or business strategy. Helps develop next
generation of leaders.
- Utilizes data to identify trends and diagnose organizational
effectiveness issues. Influences leaders to implement changes
needed to improve functional performance.
- Develops comprehensive change management strategies to guide
the function from current to future state.
- Builds commitment amongst leadership towards the performance
management program and develops performance solutions in alignment
with organizational values. May perform additional duties as
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong business acumen, in-depth knowledge of the business and
client group, and the ability to effectively implement HR
strategies to support business goals.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of
organizational development/effectiveness/behavior with the ability
to positively impact the structure, culture and effectiveness of
- Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of
quantitative and qualitative data. Ability to recognize trends and
influence leaders based on data analysis.
- Experience supporting organizational strategy by aligning the
vision, mission and values of the organization with individuals'
goals through the performance management platform. Ability to
provide coaching and guidance to leaders on a variety of
performance related situations or circumstances.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills with
the ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with
customers, peers, subordinates and other members of
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and
written, including the ability to communicate business and
technical information clearly.
- Knowledge of the HR field including employment laws and
- Ability to manage a team through the use of group dynamics
while encouraging creativity and innovation.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to deal with and
resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues
of a complex nature while providing flexible solutions.
- Excellent project management, organizing and planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as other
business-related software. Education & Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent experience with professional
- Typically a minimum of eight to ten years related work
experience with demonstrated proficiency in required HR skills and
- Insurance industry experience strongly preferred. #LI-MR1
CNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities in the recruitment process.
To request an accommodation, please contact
Keywords: CNA, Chicago , Director, HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!