Sr. HR Business Partner
Company: The Marketing Arm inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, People Partnerships to join our
People Partnerships & Ops team (Human Resources). In this position,
you will partner with leadership to coach our talent in navigating
their career path, assist with resolving employee relations issues
and manage programs for growth and development. You will also
manage, coach, and develop junior talent on the team. The ideal
candidate is exceptionally focused on navigating business dynamics
and while supporting our people, is a strong communicator and will
be a champion of TMA's culture and core values.
- Establish excellent relationships with business leaders and
employees to build understanding of their strategies, challenges,
opportunities, and needs.
- Influence organizational design decisions and contribute to
change management and communication plans.
- Play an active role in the compensation & reward planning
- Provide guidance, coaching, and advice as an innovative
problem-solver in performance and conflict related matters. Conduct
investigations and resolve employee issues ensuring legal
compliance and mitigating risk.
- Manage termination process, including exit surveys, interviews,
documentation and system updates.
- Foster the company's employee-centric culture, encouraging open
and transparent communications while supporting employee engagement
- Be an advocate of our diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Collaborate with HR leadership to execute ad hoc projects and
programmatic initiatives to promote a high-performance
- Provide strategic advice on the different functions of HR and
ensure that all policies implemented are aligned with business
- Update and monitor adherence to HR policies/procedures and
timelines ensuring legal compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
- Problem solving - identify and resolve problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills - maintain confidentiality, remains open
to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new
- Communications skills - communicates clearly and persuasively
in all situations both verbally and written, comfortable presenting
to groups and in meetings.
- Confidentiality - actively promotes and practices a high level
of confidentiality in their character and day-to-day
- Quality control - demonstrates high-levels of accuracy and
thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Planning/organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities,
uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment,
manages competing demands, and can deal with frequent change,
delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - consistently at work and on time, accountable
to team members, responds appropriately to feedback and strives for
Additional Relevant Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology or related
- 6+ years progressive responsibility in human resources
disciplines including employee relations, change management,
compensation, diversity, organizational development, and
- Strong professionalism and exceptional stakeholder management
skills to partner with members of leadership and senior team
- Good understanding of employment law and clear judgment on when
to reach out to expert counsel.
- HR Certification a plus - PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or
- Experience working for a marketing, advertising, or media
company a plus.
TMA Perks & Benefits:
- Continuous training, educational programs, speaker series and
- Culture events throughout the year (just virtually
- Communities to connect with:
- DiscoverTMA(Furthering diversity and inclusion)
- TMA Women's Initiative (Fostering the growth and achievements
- Wellness Group(Helping to improve the mental, physical and
emotional wellbeing of employees)
- Competitive vacation plan, sick days and personal days to
prioritize your mental health
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Robust holiday schedule
- Parental leave
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Keywords: The Marketing Arm inc., Chicago , Sr. HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...