Human Resources Business Partner, Legal HR
Company: Dentons Canada
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Chicago, IL, US New
York, NY, US Washington DC, DC, US Short Hills, NJ, US New York,
NY, US Apr 11, 2023 Dentons US LLP is currently recruiting for a
Human Resources Business Partner - Legal. The Human Resources
Business Partner will serve as the primary and secondary HR Contact
for Senior Director, Practice Management. On-going professional
interaction and communication with all HR department and Firm
personnel is essential for success in this role. This is a hybrid
position, with a schedule of three days in the office and two days
working remotely. Responsibilities
- Serve as primary HR contact for Senior Director, Practice
Management and secondary contact for Senior Director, Practice
- Work with the office managing partners, practice group leaders
and practice directors, as well as Senior Manager, Employee
Relations, to address and resolve employee relations issues for
respective practice groups.
- Along with other members of US HR Legal team, support lawyer
and professional annual performance review process, including
administration of performance evaluations, collection of feedback,
and follow-up discussions with practice group leader and practice
directors regarding the performance and goals of same.
- Manage the compensation administration, including analysis of,
associate, staff associate and professional compensation, research
of external market data and collaboration with practice group
leaders, practice directors to determine salaries and bonuses for
staff associates and professionals within respective practice
- Oversee the Lawyer/Professional departure, transfer and status
change process, including ensuring that reclass letters are
drafted, signed and that notices are issued.
- Manage employee relations/performance management of all
Associates, Staff Associates, Professionals within respective
- Manage the set-up of Partner/Counsel/IC self-reviews and
interview notes processes including the creation of e-Binders for
the DUS Board.
- Work with other US HR managers on department-wide
- Support the HR Legal team with special projects. Experience &
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in a similarly structured HR Business
Partner role, preferably within the legal industry. -
- Professional demeanor, strong attention to detail, excellent
communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations
throughout the US.
- Ability to influence, coach and work with partners as well as
all levels of management.
- Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment in where flexibility and resourcefulness are
- Familiarity with MS Office applications; previous experience
with SAP, viDesktop and DocuSign applications a plus. - Dentons
offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Dentons US LLP is
an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and
Protected Veterans. We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Pursuant
to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records. About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, connecting talent to the
world's challenges and opportunities in more than 75 countries.
Dentons' legal and business solutions benefit from deep roots in
our communities and award-winning advancements in client service,
including -Nextlaw , Dentons' innovation and strategic advisory
services. Dentons' polycentric and purpose-driven approach,
commitment to inclusion and diversity, and world-class talent
challenge the status quo to advance client and community interests
in the New Dynamic. -www.dentons.com
Keywords: Dentons Canada, Chicago , Human Resources Business Partner, Legal HR, Human Resources , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...