Company: Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Responsibilities: As a Software Engineer you will work as part
of Data Technology Team and will be responsible for designing and
developing solutions that cater to variety of business
requirements/data content. This position provides opportunity to
work on variety of projects, across disciplines developing products
to help investors make right decision. You will have the
responsibility for ensuring process and quality adherence through
peer reviews, test coverage and best practices. Experience with
Java, multi-threaded application is strongly preferred in addition
to familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS to build, test,
deploy and host solutions. This position will require you to act as
the software guardian, leading non-functional requirements and the
quality of the code while addressing technical debt. You'll
interact daily with product managers, business stakeholders to
understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us
forward. You will write a suite of automated unit tests to
individual units of the application. Guide and mentor junior
members in the team.This position provides to work on most exciting
analytical, data quality related projects and most recent or
advanced technologies topics involving Data Lake, EMR, lake
formation and build tools for data quality/reconciliation tools to
ensure the data completeness, availability between source and
destination sources. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a related
- Hands on ETL experience on Apache Spark or AWS Glue.
- Experience in data warehousing.
- 3 ye a rs o f e x p e r i e n c e b u il d i n g a pp l i c at
i o n s i n J ava.
- 2 ye a rs o f e x p e r i e n c e w i th C o n t i nu o u s I n
te g r a t i o n T o o l s B i t b uc ke t , G i t Hu b , J e n k i
n s , I n te l li J , un i t test i n g , a n d Ji r a.
- 3 ye a rs o f e x p e r i e n c e w o r k i n g i n an Ag i l e
e n v i r o n m e n t.
- 1 ye a r o f exp e r i e n c e w i th M e s s a g e D r i ven A
r ch i te c t u r e s such as Apache Kafka.
- 1 ye a r o f exp e r i e n c e w o r k i n g w i th Am a z o n
Web S e r v i c es, i nc l u d i n g S 3, C l o u d Fr o n t, E L B
, S Q S , E C 2, A WS La mbd a.
- 3 years of e x p e r i e n c e w i th d at ab a s e s , i nc l
u d i n g M icrosoft S Q L S e r ve r, Postgres.
- Hands on experience with an AWS database, preferably Athena or
- Develop efficient, high throughput data pipelines to push
transactional data to the cloud
- Experience using Python/scripting language.
- Manage database code consistency between Dev, QA, STG & PROD
- Strong knowledge of database design principles.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to data and Java/SQL
- Design and develop for quick deployment with assistance from
the Devops team
- Knowledge/experience adding quality checks to data
- 3+ years of experience in design, development, and maintenance
of cloud-based data systems.
- 3+ years of experience on Microsoft SQL server.
- Good communication skills.
- AWS Certification or desire to become AWS certified.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, and
produce superior results.
- Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies Ability to
write clean code and provide insights in code reviews.001_MstarInc
Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity Posted 2 Days Ago Full time
REQ-018144 About Us How to Apply for a Job at Morningstar Step 1
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply'
button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume
and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements
carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as
required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information
through our corporate website to be considered for a job at
Morningstar. No phone calls, please. Step 2 You will receive an
email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 If you are called in for an interview, a representative from
Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you're a
good fit for Morningstar and we're a good fit for you, we'll
schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all
levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as
part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact
you with the results of your interview-either with a job offer or
to let you know our plans for the position. Applicants With
Disabilities Who Need Accommodation Morningstar is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals
with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please call +1 312 384-3900 or email
AskHR@morningstar.com --and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Please note:
- We only accept calls from applicants who need accommodation
related to a disability. Please, no calls with unrelated questions
- Please be sure to include the title and location of the open
position you're interested in when you leave a message. US
Applicants: Morningstar is an E-Verify program participant.
Morningstar is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal
opportunity for all employees and applicants. We make all
employment decisions-including recruitment, hiring, compensation,
training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other
personnel matters-without regard to race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
citizenship, gender identity and expression, parental status, or
other legally protected characteristics or conduct.
Keywords: Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC, Chicago , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!