VP of Technology Apply to This Job
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Company: Transportation / Distribution, Chicago, IL Remarks:
POSITION SUMMARY Provides technology vision and leadership and
day-to-day management of Information Technology (IT) application,
network, security, and hardware systems throughout the
Authority.--Establishes and directs the strategic long-term goals,
policies, and procedures for the Authority's Technology department.
Directs the strategy and procedures for acquiring, deploying,
maintaining, supporting, or replacing IT software and hardware
assets.--Establishes and directs the strategy for protecting,
storing, and retrieving data that comes from various information
systems. Manages multi-million dollar contracts, grants, and IT
capital investments, and ensures the IT resources of the CTA
integrate technology into the strategic and operational plans of
the institution. Qualifications
- Manages the development, implementation, maintenance, and
support of new and current technologies at the CTA, including both
operational and administrative software systems applications and
associated hardware, voice/video/data networks, information
security, wired and wireless infrastructure, and all associated
telecommunication systems and devices.
- Manages IT strategy and projects in cooperation with CTA
departments, staff, and outside consultant staff.
- Directs and ensures implementation of IT strategy and best
practices for proactive management of IT assets and
- Directs and ensures that customer/client IT needs are
translated into tangible project goals and schedules. Oversees the
composition and research of project specifications methodology and
- Directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of a
fiber optic infrastructure, subway cellular infrastructure, UHF
infrastructure and IP telephone infrastructure.
- Oversees the development and implementation of information
security infrastructure, procedures, and standards in order to
protect all data of the Authority from cyber security
- Directs effective management of multiple IT contracts.
- Holds department accountable and responsible for meeting the
objectives and goals of the Authority.
- Provides executive and policy direction to managerial,
professional, and technical staff engaged in implementing
- Establishes and executes programs to meet Authority objectives
and develops an organization that will effectively administer area
responsibilities and functions.
- Evaluates the performance of management and supervisory staff
for compliance with Authority programs and policies and attainment
of goals and objectives.
- Represents the department and the Authority with various levels
of management throughout the Authority and with other transit
- Collaborates with management and staff in the development of
strategic and operating plans of the Authority.
- Leads the preparation and administration of the budget of the
Technology Department. Oversees, manages, and presents operating
budgets to top--Authority management and various funding and
- Hires, trains, develops, monitors, and evaluates performance of
staff. Reviews and recommends personnel actions for approval.
Develops strategies for maintaining staff skills and knowledge
consistent with current industry standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned. MANAGEMENT
RESPONSIBILITIES Reporting to this position may include the
following jobs: Job Title
- Director, Enterprise Applications & IT PMO
- Director, Technology Engineering
- Director, Data Center & IT Support
- Director, Information Security
- Senior Manager, IT Project Resources CHALLENGES
- Keeping abreast of new and quickly changing developments and
advancements within the field of information technology.
- Designing and implementing IT programs that meet Authority and
client needs and expectations. Managing the transformation of CTA's
legacy IT systems to modern client-service and web based systems.
- Bachelor's degree in IT Management ,Technology, or a related
discipline, plus ten (10) years of experience in managing IT
applications, projects, infrastructure and operations, of which
five (5) years is in a supervisory or management role, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in leading, large,
cross-functional teams or enterprise wide technology programs.
- Master's degree in IT or Technology preferred.
- Experience managing Technology department in a public agency,
transportation telecommunications or utility company
- Experience leading, developing, and implementing Information
Technology strategy desired.
- Experience developing and managing IT Policy and standards
including IT enterprise Security desired. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Detailed knowledge of principles, policies, and practices of
information technology, technology, and related programs.--
- Detailed knowledge of the operations, services, and activities
of a large scale technology program.
- Detailed knowledge of related local, state and federal laws,
rules, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.--
- Detailed knowledge of the methods and practices in budget
planning and administration--
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of leadership, team
building, motivation, and conflict resolution.--
- Detailed knowledge of cyber security trends and developments in
IT risk management.
- Detailed knowledge of various compliance standards (PCI DSS,
HIPAA, etc.) and guidelines as relates to information
- Working knowledge of public funding options and investment
- Working knowledge of public procurement policies, contract
negotiations and vendor management.
- Working knowledge in multiple technology disciplines overseen
by this position.
- Working knowledge of the methods and principles of supervision,
training, and performance evaluation.
- Strong leadership, team building and organizational skills,
attention to detail and proven ability to handle multiple complex
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to interact
positively and successful with all levels of the organization and
- Strong written and oral communication skills including
presentation experience to diverse audiences.
- Strong networking skills with experts in industry - solid
record of maintaining and developing successful relationships.
- Strong ability to multi-task and to handle multiple programs
- Strong organization, financial, presentation, and operational
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.--
- Ability to competently plan, direct and coordinate the
functions of the department.
- Ability to define, develop and evaluate objectives, standards
and performance levels for assigned groups.
- Ability to review, assess, and evaluate data from various
diverse sources and generate effective solutions and competent
- Ability to maintain amiable and effective working relations
with management and external contacts.--
- Ability to produce technical reports using desktop publishing
software and other IT related systems and programs.
Like This Job No. 644007
VP IT Business Relationships
Remote, US Hurst, TX
Job No. 643916
VP Infrastructure Engagement Leader
Job No. 643634
VP Chief Information Security Officer
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Chicago , VP of Technology Apply to This Job, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!