Team Lead System Administrator - Managed Services
Company: Bowman Williams
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Team Lead System Administrator - Managed Services Team Lead
System Administrator - Managed Services Team Lead System
Administrator - Managed Services The Team Lead System Administrator
- Managed Services will act as the Team Lead to a team of 5-8
techs. The Team Lead System Administrator - Managed Services plays
a direct role in the overall performance of his or her team and
serves as a coach/mentor to its members. The Team Lead System
Administrator - Managed Services informs management of critical
issues regarding personnel, performance, client perception, and
works closely with co-workers to ensure consistent, high quality,
friendly service is delivered. Successful candidates will not only
have strong technical skills but also leadership and motivational
skills allowing them to help solve people and operational issues.
Team Lead System Administrator - Managed Services JOB DUTIES AND
- Act as the escalation point to your team, so you must have
intermediate to advance knowledge in Windows Server 2008+,
Exchange, O365, AD, and basic networking fundamentals.
- Assist The Technical Customer Support Manager in leading and
servicing remote office clients and related staff.
- Participate in remote office service requests and team
activity. Provide oversight and mentoring to ensure:
- Quick and Quality Response Issue Resolution
- Prioritize and complete preventative tasks
- High level of client satisfaction
- Quality notes and client documentation
- Overall team / client profitability
- Assist TCS Manager as needed in many components of employee
management to ensure team:
- Employee feedback and satisfaction
- New employee training and mentoring.
- Leverage remote and automation tools whenever possible to
ensure departmental cost-effectiveness.
- Attend client meetings as needed to ensure quality
- Coordinate with other departments for improved efficiency.
- Monitor progress toward company milestones, project
implementation, and ongoing task completion.
- Maintain technical knowledge and skill sets.
- Perform systems administration for Windows Servers, Exchange
servers and Desktop operating systems across multiple
- Perform problem analysis and systems monitoring.
- Provide assistance to identify and troubleshoot Windows, mail
delivery and network-related problems.
- Review team timesheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Train/Enforce new processes and procedures.
- Take lead on sensitive client issues.
- Schedule and plan resource coverage for various roles.
- Maintain and review team metrics. Team Lead System
Administrator - Managed Services QUALIFICATIONS (Education,
Experience, and Certifications)
- This position requires at least 4 years' experience in systems
administration or project deployment.
- Bachelor's degree or technical degree or an equivalent
combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience with MS Exchange Server administration, Windows
Server, firewalls, Antivirus solutions, Backup and Recovery
products and processes, LAN networking/distributed computing
environments (client/server) is required. Experience with Citrix,
VMware, Cisco routing and switching, Mac computers, Active
Directory, terminal servers, configuring network routers, and
remote connectivity is a plus.
- Previous experience using remote monitoring, ticketing, and CRM
systems, as well as supporting multiple clients in an outsourced
service industry, is highly desirable.
- Employee must also show strong work history of being successful
with people and leading clients and/or people in the IT industry.
Team Lead System Administrator - Managed Services KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
essential, as well as effective organizational and multi-tasking
- Must be able to present technical concepts in layman terms and
communicate well with clients.
- They must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general
industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental
- They must exhibit an ability to professionally write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- They must be able to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- They must be able to effectively present information and
respond to questions from clients, vendors, employees, and the
- The employee must be able to solve complex problems quickly and
completely without assistance.
- Must possess excellent conflict resolution, interpersonal and
- They must be self-driven, highly customer-focused, be able to
work without close supervision, and possess a positive mental
attitude. Team Lead System Administrator - Managed Services
BENEFITS: This is a full-time position and thus the Team Lead
System Administrator - Managed Services will be provided all the
benefits that come with being a full-time employee including---
- Salary range $80k-100k
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health/medical insurance
- 401k and match
- Career path to management *Actual salary for the Team Lead
System Administrator - Managed Services chosen shall commensurate
with experience* Opportunity Location Oak Brook, IL Proposed Salary
$80,000 - $100,000 Bowman Williams is a national specialized
staffing firm for Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service
Providers. Ranked by Forbes as one of America's top 200 Best
Staffing Firms in America, we are a good resource for candidates
looking to advance their careers in the Cloud Solutions and
Keywords: Bowman Williams, Chicago , Team Lead System Administrator - Managed Services, IT / Software / Systems , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!