Technical Sales Representative (Recent Grads)
Company: Keyence Corporation of America
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Technical Sales Representative (2016)Position Type: Entry
LevelEmployment Duration: Full TimeDescription: The TECHNICAL SALES
DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM is the premier opportunity for you to learn
consultative, solution-based sales. At KEYENCE, sales professionals
work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of
two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers
in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on
solving customers' critical quality control, reliability, and
research or design applications. The Technical Sales Development
Program is your opportunity to gain the training necessary to
become an entry-level, direct sales professional. Sales Associates
enter a program consisting of classroom training, on-the-job
learning, and mentorship. The training program begins with a period
of classroom training which typically lasts 1 to 3 months dependent
on product line. While Keyence products are highly technical, you
will receive the training to become an expert on our products,
solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and
conducting successful sales consultations. After successful
completion of the Sales Associate classroom training, you will be
promoted to Sales Engineer, initiating the on-the-job training
phase of the development program. Included in your on-the-job
training is a formal mentorship program, typically lasting from 4
to 6 months, which utilizes coaching to reinforce product and
application training and develop your sales skills while you become
responsible for customers in your own sales
territory.Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend product and application training at our Keyence Career
- Develop a thorough understanding of Keyence products and
applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job
- Work with experienced salespeople to develop sales skills
through real life examples and role-plays.
- Satisfactorily complete mentorship program providing sales
training and an overview of Keyence's culture of success.
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help
solve their applications using Keyence's products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to
Keyence's expectations and the challenges customers present
- Travel to customer locations three days a week and work
successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing
environments.Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree.
- Interest and aptitude to master Keyence's highly technical
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make
a measurable contribution to Keyence's success.
- Desire to better yourself through our intensive training,
mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures:
including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and
sales process policies.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the
possibility of overnight travel.
- Ability to lift and carry 35- 85 lbs. of demonstration
equipment in and out of vehicles onto a dolly.
- Position requires the use of a personal vehicle. Larger vehicle
may be required dependent on product line equipment size. Must have
a valid driver's license at all times.Apply if:
- You are passionate about beginning a career in technical
- You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
- You are interested in technology and have a strong technical
- You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
- You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined
- You want to the opportunity to advance within one company.Do
not apply if:
- You are not interested in a career in sales.
- You are neither goal-oriented nor pro-active.
- You are not looking for an entry-level position.
- You are not a morning person.
- You do not like speaking to people either on the phone or in
- You have a negative attitude or do not go the extra
mile.Supplementary InformationEmployees are expected to demonstrate
flexibility to a wide variety of manufacturing environments in
terms of level of cleanliness, temperature, and/or noise.
Incumbents must also abide by all safety regulations in offices and
customer locations, including wearing safety clothing and/or gear
whenever required.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired
will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the
United States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.Keyence Corporation is an
equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment
and ensures equal opportunity for all persons regardless of their
race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, nationality, age, sex or atypical hereditary cellular
or blood trait of any individual, genetic information, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status,
pregnancy, family responsibility, affectional or sexual
preference/orientation, veteran status, liability for service in
the armed forces of the United States, refusal to submit to genetic
test or make available the results of genetic test or any other
reason protected by state or federal law. If, due to disability,
you are unable to complete this online application, please fax your
request for a reasonable accommodation or expression of interest to
(201)474-9177.E-VERIFY: If you are selected for this position, the
documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department
of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your hire date will be
verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal law requires
Keyence Corporation of America to use the E-Verify system to
confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this
system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified
discrepancies within eight (8) Federal government work days as a
condition of continued employment.Job Type: Full-timeExperience:
- Interest in Technology: 1 year (Required)
- Being interested in Sales: 1 year (Required)Education:
Keywords: Keyence Corporation of America, Chicago , Technical Sales Representative (Recent Grads), IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!