Company: Spectrum Science
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSpectrum is seeking a skilled Systems
Administrator to support the organization's environment. The
systems administrator will be responsible for provisioning,
installing, configuring, monitoring, and supporting PC and Mac
equipment. They will also support the company's on-prem and cloud
infrastructure, including operating systems (Windows and Mac),
network services and infrastructure (Cisco Meraki), storage
(SharePoint), virtualization (Hyper-V), hardware, backups, etc.
Additionally, the person will be leading the helpdesk team
(external partner) and manage the ticketing system to ensure all
support/troubleshoot requests are handled properly and solved
accordingly, and also be part of IT projects that will involve
communicating with our IT partners. This position is an excellent
opportunity for a systems administration career with room for
professional growth in a cooperative and collaborative environment.
The job location will be remote with the possibility of travelling
to any of the company's offices if on-site support is
- Maintain essential daily IT operations, including operating
systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems,
laptops, software, and hardware.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage
virtual servers, and integrate GPOs.
- Lead helpdesk support efforts and work with the support partner
on making sure all OS, applications, laptops, and related equipment
problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running
diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing
problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Set up user accounts, workstations (Dell and Mac computers),
and tablets (iPad).
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement
analytics for meaningful insights
- Work closely with other departments (internal) and partners
(external) for collaborating IT projects status, activities, and
- Handle on-boarding and overview tasks for new hires.
- Handle off-boarding process with equipment retrieval follow
- Participate in research and development initiatives and helps
in the implementation of new technologies.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to technology,
equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or
- Provide individual and/or group instruction and training to
staff on new or updated technologies.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff
for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT
- Other duties outlined by the IT Director.Daily and Monthly
- Meet and interact with the helpdesk and other teams to assist
in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical
support when needed
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group
administration, security permissions, group policies, print
services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource
monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including,
laptop, servers, printers, phones, security updates, support
internet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all
backupsSkills and Qualifications
- Minimum 4-5 years of overall IT experience, with 1-2 years of
them specifically in systems administration.
- Working knowledge of virtualization (Hyper-V).
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware,
and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and GPOs.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and
operating systems; Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 and up, Mac
OSX (Catalina and up), system performance-monitoring tools, Active
Directory, Azure, etc.
- Experience in project management and cloud computing
(specifically Microsoft Azure), and enterprise backup and recovery
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote
- Basic knowledge of MFA and its tools (Cisco DUO in
- Basic knowledge of conferencing applications (Zoom meeting,
Zoom Rooms, Teams, and Cisco WebEx).
- Dedicated to work.
- Communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced
- Ability to provide support outside of working hours to resolve
emergency issues promptly.
- Ability to travel for work when needed.Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Cisco voice systems (CUCA and CUCM).
- Knowledge of Cisco Meraki
- Knowledge of MimecastEducation
- Relevant Associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Information Technology, or Information Systems.
- Professional IT certificates (preferred).Job Location:
- Remotely with a chance to travel to any of the company's
offices as needed.You choose where you work. We are a hybrid work
environment with options to work in one of our four offices (DC,
NYC, Chicago and Atlanta), remotely anywhere in the United States,
or a combination.Spectrum is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Powered by JazzHRN0AmwPU0CS
Keywords: Spectrum Science, Chicago , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!