Field Service Engineer - Atlanta
Company: S&C Electric Company
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Field Service Engineer opportunity available at the Southeast
Service Center with S&C Electric Company reporting to our
Atlanta, GA Sales office location. This position is for an
individual with extensive experience with power electronics
equipment involving power levels of several megawatts. Excellent
analytical skills and a strong technical background are required.
Ability to effectively interface and train customers is a
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Leading, directing, and conducting complex system commissioning
- Providing telephone troubleshooting support for customers and
- Communicating effectively with customers and others while
performing tasks such as troubleshooting, installation support and
system commissioning. Includes extensive field and telephone
- Creating clear, concise, and complete commissioning procedures
and troubleshooting documentation.
- Creating commercial proposals for service jobs.
- Working effectively in a team environment with other S&C
employees, contractors, consultants, customers, and other project
- Conducting customer-training sessions and in training S&C
- Adhering to standard industry safety practices and S&C
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you
must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college,
university, technical school, applicable military training, or
- Strong computer skills in using both, office programs (Excel,
Access and Word) and network communication protocols (DNP3, Modbus,
IEC 61850, etc.).
- Working knowledge of networking and IP protocols
- Knowledge of power electronic systems and controls for use in
power distribution and overcurrent protection.
- Knowledge of utility SCADA systems from the substation computer
to the central SCADA servers is preferred.
- Must be proficient with training, communication and
- A proactive, tenacious, creative approach to solving
- Proficiency in using test equipment, meters and system analysis
- Possess working knowledge of safety practices and electrical
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time.
Typical travel will be on weekdays and within the assigned region,
however there may be a business need for travel outside the region
as well as on weekends and holidays.
- US Citizen possessing or have the ability to obtain a valid US
- Minimum of 21 years of age with a valid driver's license and a
good credit record.
Relevant Experience Required: Experience in automated distribution
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Some tasks are performed in a standing position. Must
be able to perform work from a ladder.
- Lifting: Lifting of items up to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Walking of moderate distances (1 mile).
- Carrying: Carrying of luggage, test equipment, tools, etc. to
- Pushing: Use of hand tools that require pushing
- Pulling: Use of hand tools that require pulling
- Bending: Bending or crouching to perform work.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion to perform
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts, tools, test equipment,
- Environment: Frequent work performed outdoors.
Keywords: S&C Electric Company, Chicago , Field Service Engineer - Atlanta, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!