Sr. Software Quality Control Engineer
Company: Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Posted on: June 26, 2022
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible* Prestigious Global Firm is currently
seeking a Sr. Software Quality Control Engineer. Candidate is
responsible for guiding and executing the testing of software
features as part of a collaborative team including product managers
and developers. This role is responsible for leading quality review
of custom developed applications, including creation of test plans
and strategy, test cases in partnership with the development team,
product owners and business stakeholders and which are used to
shape and verify code and check conformance to system requirements
and acceptance criteria. The position requires someone who has
proven experience of testing independently and as part of a team.
The role also tracks strategic testing across multiple applications
due to enterprise-wide upgrades or maintenance. The ideal candidate
will review and make recommendations on QA standards and
frameworks, including but not limited to, matters of manual,
automated and performance testing and defect management. They will
provide a recommendation for growth of the internal quality
assurance team, processes and tools. Responsibilities:
- Works with project team members to design, develop, and execute
- May consult to project teams, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs),
and Business Units to design and develop test plans, test cases,
and execution procedures.
- Executes testing across multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile,
Rapid Development, Waterfall, etc.)
- Translates functional and technical requirements into test
cases and execution procedures.
- Recommends appropriate test execution approach in consideration
of cost, scope, and timeline of product/solution delivery.
- Develops and executes manual and automated test cases and
- Works with project team members to document and track defects
from point of defect identification through resolution.
- Responsible for logging, tracking, reproducing and verifying
solution defects from point of defect identification through
- Identifies test execution metrics to project team members.
- Prepares and communicates test results and reports accurate
testing status to project team members.
- Provides estimates of text execution to support project-level
resource planning efforts.
- May be required to facilitate onboarding and off boarding of
in-sourced and/or outsourced testing resources.
- Review others (team or cross team) executed test results and
help determine issues and priorities.
- Create and maintain quality control artifacts and make
available to teams within and outside of IT.
- Adheres to industry and Firmwide IT specific quality
engineering standards and processes.
- May be required to step in as a product manager for products
that do not have an assigned Product Manager. Qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or similar disciplines
or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience with 8+ software testing experience
in a quality management role.
- Clearly expresses verbal and written ideas.
- Understands, interprets and evaluates messages.
- Collaborates effectively.
- Conducts him/herself with utmost integrity at all times.
- Reports unethical conduct as required.
- Encourages fiscal responsibility and maintains
- Builds and maintains positive and supportive relationships
across all departments and offices.
- Resolves conflict constructively.
- Establishes an environment of trust to promote knowledge
sharing and group participation.
- Effectively resolves conflicts.
- Embraces change, performs with confidence in ambiguous
- Provides leadership and creative solutions to project planning
and problem solving.
- Demonstrates agility as needed.
- Takes a practive approach to meeting customer needs.
- Invests time to establish the trust of customers.
- Confidently embraces new challenges.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Exceeds expectations without being prompted.
- Understands internal and external clients.
Technologies/Software Core Technologies:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Microsoft Outlook
- iManage DMS
- iDevice (Iphone/IPad)
- Microsoft Skype
- Avaya Telephone/Equinox
- VSTS-Visual Services Team Services
- Zoom/WebEx Additional Technologies Preferred
- Eclipse/Microsoft Project
- SQL (Writing simple queries)
- Enterprise Management Systems, Finance, Human Resource, Time
Tracking, Billing, Risk
Keywords: Request Technology - Craig Johnson, Chicago , Sr. Software Quality Control Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!