Senior Developer - MarTech, Marketing Automation & Personalization
Company: UScellular Business
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Senior Developer - MarTech, Marketing Automation &
Personalization - INF001751The Senior Developer - MarTech,
Marketing Automation & Personalization plays a key technical
leadership role on critical software projects. This role is to
design and develop custom Java solutions, including web interfaces
and automation services running on an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
/APIs with Microservices. These services are used by our Marketing
teams to deliver Personalized Offers through web/mobile, care
center, event based and direct marketing channels.Technical Skills
Profile - The Senior Developer - MarTech, Marketing Automation &
Personalization will be required to demonstrate the following
skills to be effective over the course of this role. These are the
three main technical elements we are seeking in this role.
to be used by care center/retail store associates as a frontend
graphical user interface
- UI Path - Understanding of creating and supporting RPA (Robotic
Process Automation) to automate the ordering processes. For
instance, an offer is accepted on the frontend, and that triggers a
robotic process to complete the steps of ordering.
- Node.js - Understanding of the backend processes that link the
custom frontend applications, the robotic processes, and the
operational support required.Location Note:This role is a hybrid
work arrangement where the candidate can perform this role
in-office or remote. In-office expectations within our operating
footprint will be limited and based on an "on purpose, for a
purpose" model, should a meeting or collaborative session be
- Design and develop Web UI and Automation solutions including
SOAP and RESTful based web services using an ESB, Java and other
- Collaborate with end users and project team members on
development of requirements and design of applications. Works with
the Principal Developer(s) to develop time estimates for project
- Work with solution architects to define operational
requirements to identify and address any inter-application
dependencies, interfaces, and operational constraints.
- Works with provisioning teams to complete transactions with
automation technologies such as UI Path.
- Ensure all UI Interfaces delivered aligns with Enterprise
team's standards and best practices.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new ideas or
- Identify and communicate potential risks, issues, and
roadblocks to various stakeholders in a timely manner. Advise
Principal Developer(s) and manager of these as appropriate, to
include providing options to remediate such items.
- Perform and participate in peer design and code reviews and
verify traceability back to the technical requirements.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, current issues, trends, and
tools affecting application development within the SOA space.
- Coach and mentor junior team members to facilitate their
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert in UI and Automation.
- Work on Medium/Large scale projects.Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Information
Technology, Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field or
equivalent work experience (including military) required.
- 5+ years of development experience, working in a Unix
environment, developing software using integration technologies
(including ESB, Java, XML, SOAP, REST and SQL) and the Oracle
- 5+ years of experience working within an SDLC, designing,
developing & testing various software applications.
and Security practices.
- Strong understanding of UI Integration with back-office system
via HTTPS /JSON services with Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, or
- Experience with Microservices design patterns and
- Experience with domain driven design and behavior driven
- One or more programming languages like Python, Perl, 'R', Java,
- Experience partnering with Development, QA, and other internal
teams to review, inspect, document, and ensure the quality of
software products being tested and eventually implemented.
- Experience in several aspects of IT Service Management,
including Change Management, Incident Management and Problem
- Experience in developing and testing software, including
supporting the QA team and helping to troubleshoot defects to
arrive at the root cause (Root Cause Analysis).
- In-depth knowledge of standard web technologies, including app
servers, web servers, databases, browsers, etc.
- Knowledge of ESB, Java, XML, REST, SOAP, web services, and web
- Stay abreast with all current technologies used within
Integration and provide technical leadership to peers and junior
- Ability to work on parallel product releases, with multiple QA
and development teams.
- Able to provide technical leadership to other team members to
facilitate in their technical delivery.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is
- Experience in custom Marketing Technology (MarTech)
- Experience in SAS applications including Marketing Automation,
CI360, ESP, and/or RealTime Decision Manager (RTDM).
- Mobile/Tablet website development and/or App Development.Job:
Information TechnologyLocation(s): Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
Oklahoma-TULSA_OK, Wisconsin-MADISON_WI, Washington-RICHLAND_WA,
Iowa-URBANDALE_IA, Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN, Washington-LONGVIEW_WA,
Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL, Missouri-COLUMBIA_MO, North
Carolina-GREENVILLE_NC, Iowa-MARION_IA, Virginia-ROANOKE_VA, West
Virginia-MORGANTOWN_WV, North Carolina-WILMINGTON_NC, New
Hampshire-BEDFORD_NH, Oregon-MEDFORD_OR, Wisconsin-BROOKFIELD_WI,
Maine-SOUTH PORTLAND_MEU.S. Cellular - is an EEO employer and gives
consideration to qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: UScellular Business, Chicago , Senior Developer - MarTech, Marketing Automation & Personalization, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!