Field Service Representative
Posted on: August 7, 2022
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products.We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.Motive Power applications include
industrial lift trucks and pallet jacks, rail equipment, mining
equipment, and airline ground support equipment. Some of the motive
power brands include Hawker, Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm.
Wherever there is a need for motive power, EnerSys offers the
perfect energy solution. Job PurposeWe are seeking a Field Service
Technician who will be required to perform both in shop and field
service work. Plans and coordinates activities concerned with
installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports
of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future
operational or service difficulties by performing the following
duties.What We're Offering
- Sales Incentive Plan
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance, short/longterm disability,
tuitionreimbursement, flex spending, employee stock purchase plan
and employee discount programs
- 401K plan
- Career growthCulture:We value and strive for excellence in all
that we do through innovative technology by creating long lasting
relationships with our stakeholders, co-workers, and customers. We
continentally strive to foster teamwork, engagement and enhance our
employee's skills and competence by providing appropriate
training.Compensation Range: 50000-60000 Compensation may vary
based on applicant's work experience, education level, skill set,
and/or location. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform
preventative maintenance to customer's equipment to include flooded
and sealed batteries, chargers and DC power distribution equipment
(cable trays, battery racks and power cables).
- Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the
equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team
members and customers.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance inspections of customer's
batteries, chargers, battery handling equipment, and battery
changing/charging area and records data.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead
parts with gas torch.
- Determines specific gravity of solution.
- Waters, Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries at
- Installsequipment at customer's facility to ensure full
functionality according to specifications.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the
company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the
- Occasionally download battery and charger data via a monitoring
device and use the information to repair or correct battery/charger
problems in accordance with the customer's operation.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not
limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and
- Other duties may be assigned.QualificationsTo perform the Field
Service Technician job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Ahigh school diploma or equivalent; or industry-related
experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Basicmechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Previous customer service experience in field support.
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as
customer correspondences, memos, and reports) in English.
- Able to perform basic mathand solve simple equations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after-hour
service calls when required.Preferred Qualifications
- Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical/Electronic/ Electrical or
related if the application for location
- A basic electrical understanding
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics
- Hands-on job experience
- Experience should be substantively in the Electrical related
field where applicableDrivingRequirements
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record
with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be at least 18years of age to drive a company
- Able and willing to operate a forklift.
- Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.General
- Must be able and willing to do overnight travel
- Must be able and willing to operate a forklift.
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle.
Therefore, you must be able to pass the company's driving
requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers
license and have additional driving requirements.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily
continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance
of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal
Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse
environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.EnerSys
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/DisabledEEO is the LawEEO is the Law
SupplementPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Nearest Major Market:
Keywords: EnerSys, Chicago , Field Service Representative, IT / Software / Systems , Romeoville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!