Senior DevSecOps Web Engineer
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Senior DevSecOps Web Engineer - INF001732 The Senior DevSecOps
Web Engineer is responsible for development, integration,
deployment, and ongoing support of critical web solutions within
the IT Department of UScellular. Assists in defining and achieving
the web strategy by supporting the Continuous
integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. This role
collaborates with business partners and strategic vendors to
deliver cost effective, timely and customer-focused
solutions.Location Note: This role can sit in the following
UScellular Business Office Locations:
- Chicago, IL
- Schaumburg, IL
- Waukesha, WI
- Madison, WI
- Knoxville, TN
- Tulsa, OK Essential Functions
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in
existing web DevOps systems and platforms.
- Actively troubleshoots any issues that arise during testing and
production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Analyze, design, and develop unit tests and test-automation
suites for on-going projects.
- Design and develop processing platforms using various
configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile
- Collaborate cross-functionally with SCM, Middleware, and others
to develop sustainable solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and governs
- Work alongside solution architects, middleware engineers,
developers, and DevOps staff to elevate technology and consistently
apply best practices.
- Build and maintain tools, solutions, web UI and REST API
microservices associated with deployment and our operations
platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application
components and other aspects of web infrastructure as needed.
- Works with platform and middleware teams on VM, and the
OpenShift Platform. Deploys product updates as required while
implementing integrations when they arise.
- Specifies, documents, and develops new product features, and
writes automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps software best practices.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GitHub,
Jenkins Jira, Artifactory.
- Acts as SME for the team through development and
- Designed and utilized tools for managing the web infrastructure
and programmed clean & re-usable simple codes to run DevOps
operations. Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Information
Technology, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
or military experience
- 5+ years in Web Development or DevSecOps
- Experience with various programming languages
- Experienced Configuring server images- optimized the task
performance using OpenShift Kubernetes/container platforms and
Adobe Experience Manager
- Demonstrated experience with TCP/UDP/IP networking
- Familiarity with relational database concepts
- Experience with Oracle, Postgres, MySQL databases
- Experience with Server technology and systems engineering
- Demonstrated understanding of wireless service provider
- Familiarity with OAM&P, FCAPS, or TM Forum Network
- Ability to convert functional requirements into high- and
low-level designs Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with common Source Control, Continuous Integration and
Team Management Tools
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS),
including cloud environment management and web service
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory and JFrog Xray
- Experience with Veracode, Maven/Gradle and CloudBee
- Proficient in Groovy, Bash ad Python scripting languages
- Linux environment configuration
- Kubernetes Container knowledge such as OpenShift
- Ansible and SonarQube
- Demonstrated expertise in the following skillsets / years of
- Runbook Automation
- Object oriented programming
- HTML / XML / SOAP programming
- RESTful / HTTP
- Java / Java Script
- PERL / TCL / Shell Scripting
- Linux / Unix Administration #LI-JP1Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL,
Oklahoma-TULSA_OK, Wisconsin-MADISON_WI, Wisconsin-BROOKFIELD_WI,
Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN U.S. Cellular - is an EEO employer and gives
consideration to qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: UScellular, Chicago , Senior DevSecOps Web Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!