Senior Embedded Software Engineer (CT)
Company: Canon Medical Research Usa, Inc.
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Vernon Hills (Chicago), IL Canon Medical Research USA, Inc.
(CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization
creatingnext-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped
with cutting-edge instrumentation,prototyping, hardware labs and
scientific computing facilities in order to perform
researchtargeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and
X-ray systems. For those who like todevelop new technologies and
research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place towork,
due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of
characteristics that makeindividuals unique in an atmosphere that
promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual andcollective
achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates
who can contribute,through their experience, education, research
and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization
and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, andcompetitive compensation and benefits. We
are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has
an immediate opening for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in our
CTbusiness unit located in Vernon Hills, Illinois, a northern
suburb of Chicago.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will work with a team to
design and implement highquality embedded software for large
medical devices from requirements to production. Theengineer is
expected to participate in the designing of solutions that meet
customer needs,document the design, write clear, concise code,
comment code as appropriate, and createdocumentation outlining code
- Analyze software requirements documentation and consult with
the author as needed.
- Formulate and implement a software design using industry best
practices and document itappropriately.
- Work closely with image scientists and engineers to develop
image processing algorithms.
- Design and execute the unit test plan to verify the coded
- Coordinate communication with vendors related to project
- Contribute in the creation of software requirements and
- Contribute to the corporate IP
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, electrical engineering, and a
minimum of 5+ years C/C++related experience.Experience
- Understanding of computer architecture principles.
- Knowledge and experience in mathematics and scientific
algorithm implementation andoptimization.
- Education and/or experience with image processing
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools,
defect tracking tools, and peerreview.
- Experience designing software for multi-threaded and/or
multi-processing environments,including parallel processing.
- Experience with programming for Real-Time Operating Systems
- Experience in embedded systems design with preemptive,
multitasking real-timeoperating systems helpful.
- Knowledge or experience in GPU programming experience
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Solution orientation
- Relationship building
- Communication-verbal, written and listening
- Time and task managementTravel
- Ability to complete domestic and occasional international
travel (up to 2% of time)Apply for this position
Keywords: Canon Medical Research Usa, Inc., Chicago , Senior Embedded Software Engineer (CT), IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!