IT Database Administrator
Company: WEC Energy Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
WEC Business Services LLC, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is
seeking an IT Database Administrator in our Pewaukee, WI or Green
Bay, WI locations. Job Summary Database Administrator (DBA) will
provide high quality support for the production, test, and
development environments by designing, implementing, managing,
monitoring and maintaining multiple database servers and databases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues at the database,
instance, and server levels in a production environment.
- Perform query and database performance tuning, schema design,
capacity planning, and change control management tasks.
- Design, implement, and manage jobs for backup, re-indexing,
database optimization, and related tasks.
- Contribute to database design and code reviews with application
- Install and configure SQL Server, Oracle, or HANA according to
defined standard operating procedures.
- Baseline system performance, monitor for deviation, and
recommend and implement improvements to slow running queries.
- This role is subject to on-call rotation.
- Required to carry a phone for emergency response. This position
is part of a job family (Associate IT Infrastructure Consultant/IT
Infrastructure Consultant/Senior IT Infrastructure Consultant), and
experience is the determining factor. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Management Information Systems or a related discipline Preferred
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, or HANA
- Knowledge of relational DBMS, and ability to script and execute
- Proven track record of working independently and in team
- Successful candidate will be a quick learner and demonstrate
problem solving skills and the ability to collaborate with
teammates, internal IT resources and clients to effectively meet
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- Willing and able to take on responsibility and be personally
accountable for results End Date: 02/13/2023 We reserve the right
to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting
applications for any position if deemed necessary. Learn more at
Careers WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected
class. EEO/AA policies and statements Location: Pewaukee, WI, US,
53188 Chicago, IL, US, 60601 Green Bay, WI, US, Company: WEC Energy
Group (WEC) Req ID: 1226 Nearest Major Market: Waukesha Nearest
Secondary Market: Milwaukee
Keywords: WEC Energy Group, Chicago , IT Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!