Sr Network Engineer - Network Operations
Posted on: March 19, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Senior Network Engineer will lead projects and design,
engineer, implement and support network solutions.
- Designing, configuring, setting up, and maintaining complex
switching environments to meet business requirements or enhance
- Configuring, setting up, and maintaining Cisco SDWAN
technologies, firewalls, routers and switches for access to
critical business applications.
- Designing, configuring, and setting up complex wireless network
to support open or secured access.
- Lead assigned projects.
- Design, implement, and support disaster recovery policies and
procedures, and business continuity plans and infrastructure
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve network and switching
performance and integrity issues.
- Resolve network system and application performance issues with
the use of packet capture and protocol analysis.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Maintain and upgrade Wireless (Wi-Fi) Access Points.
- Systems Experience will be a plus, including Microsoft based
technologies, public/private cloud and virtualization technologies.
( VMWare ESX Hypervisor , Windows 2016 Server Platforms
- Strong understanding of deployment, management, and
troubleshooting of common networking technologies, including IP
routing, DHCP , DNS, Firewalls, WiFi , Switches and VPNs .
- Understanding of design, deployment and management of Windows
Server and Active Directory.
- Experience in administrating authentication controls (Radius,
RSA/ SecureID ) in the SHS system.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining encryption
techniques and standards (3DES, PKI , MD5, SSH, SSL), in a client
and site-to-site configuration.
- Must have operational level knowledge and experience in the
deployment and maintenance of service provider network routing
architectures using protocols such as OSPF , BGP , EIGRP , and
- Expert knowledge in implementing and supporting switched
networks, including ( VTP , STP , trunking, VLANs , port security
and monitoring) in a multi-vendor environment.
- Understanding of logical network design including: DMZs , WANs
, and client connectivity solutions.
- Familiarity with network, server, storage area networks and
virtualization (MDS switching, VMWare , vSphere
- Have good understanding of HP, EMC, NetApp , etc.
- Ability to write scripts/code using Python, Perl, PowerShell ,
or an equivalent language.
- Familiarity with Emergency Communication Equipment, Radios,
Antennae, Repeaters (Motorola or similar).
Essential Functions and duties
- Updates and dcouments external client issues
- Performs analysis and determines client problems
- Provides solutions for network and system realated
- Assists customers for the purpose of improving processes
related to system issues
- Offers recommendations, based on various metrics, on how to
improve the support process in its entirety
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Chicago , Sr Network Engineer - Network Operations, IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...