Salesforce Developer (Remote)
Company: Feeding America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Work. Serve. Thrive. Imagine a place where your talent can make
a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding
America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees
work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are
innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven
and focused on results. Feeding America is the nation's second
largest charity and the leading domestic hunger-relief charity in
the United States. Our mission is to feed America's hungry through
a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in
the fight to end hunger.
Learn more about Feeding America -here. This position is a fully
remote position. The OpportunityThe Salesforce Developer will be
the primary technical developer and heavily involved in maintaining
applications deployed within Feeding America's donor management CRM
(NGO Connect, based on Salesforce platform). This individual will
coordinate specifications and deliverables with business partners
plus design, assess, code, configure and troubleshoot NGOC
(Salesforce). - They will participate in system testing to ensure
successful delivery to the business in a timely and accurate
fashion. - Additionally, they will participate in Salesforce
development activities during our on-going system migration. Salary
Range: $80,000 to $100,000+ Based on Experience
- Design, develop and maintain features and configurations within
Feeding America's Salesforce Orgs, in conjunction with internal
staff and external partners, with attention to long-term
- Participate in all aspects of Salesforce releases, including
feature review and impact analysis, planning, designing, building,
testing, deploying, supporting, and documenting.
- Develop bug fixes and functionality for FANO's main donor
management Salesforce system (NGOC), as well as related Salesforce
applications, such as Drawloop (Nintex), Rollup Helper,
FormAssembly and others.
- Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations, and implement
solutions and best practices in the areas of data integrity
standards, data quality and overall Salesforce system usage.
- Assist Salesforce administrators with the configuration and
support of the Salesforce Orgs, as well as related Salesforce
- Develop in-code test procedures to provide adequate test
coverage within Salesforce org; Collaborate
- with testers and end-users during QA and UAT.
- Support users regarding system functionality, enhancements,
system configuration and best practices.
- Assist in managing live production activity and participate in
efforts to resolve production incidents.
- Take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
- Contribute to internal technical change management best
practices in CRM applications, as needed. Required Experience and
- 5+ years Salesforce Developer experience
- Clear understanding of declarative tools available within
Salesforce - validation rules, approval processes, workflows
- Well versed with Profiles, Permission Sets and Role
- Working experience with Apex
- Well versed with Visualforce (Page, Component & Controllers),
Apex Triggers, Batch Apex, Apex Classes, Apex Test Classes
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator and/or Certified
Developer a plus
- Experience with complex Salesforce implementations and
- Working understanding of business tools and platforms
(familiarity with NetSuite, Informatica, SharePoint, and/or Tableau
- Experience working within SDLC, including Waterfall and Agile
- Extensive hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Experience at working effectively both independently and in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Preferred experience:
- Familiarity with NGO Connect (NGOC)
- Experience with online fundraising platforms (EveryAction)
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations Foundational
- Mission Focused: -Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding
America's mission through work and action. Is committed to people
keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to
translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to
advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for
Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: -Demonstrates a
personal commitment to valuing different background and life
experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to
build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully
contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives
and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable
solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity
framework in their daily work. - Committed to continuous personal
EDI development. Required Leadership Competencies:
- Leverages Functional Expertise: -Uses advanced functional
knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Takes initiative to stay
current and apply knowledge of own field, including to improve
processes, practices, and policies. Regularly offers to share
functional expertise with others to help them succeed.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally: -Forms and sustains
effective working relationships that accelerate goal achievement by
reaching out to and engaging people from other functions or from
outside the organization. Coordinates projects and plans with
others within and outside of own area to ensure the work goes
smoothly. Pursues networking opportunities and encourages others to
form new relationships that benefit all parties. Handles conflict
directly and adeptly, respecting all points of view, and resolves
issues to create a united path forward.
- Continuously Improves: -Develops solutions that incorporate new
ideas and best practices from other departments or outside the
organization. Leverages continuous improvement tools and mindset
when designing and implementing projects and processes. Shares and
applies learning from both successful and unsuccessful ideas to
inspire creative thinking.
- Communicates Effectively: -Conveys clear and effective messages
using verbal and written communication within individual, small
group, and formal presentation settings. Communicates
project/operating priorities and updates to key stakeholder
audiences that may include staff, network food bank members,
donors, and other groups. Responds positively to requests to share
information while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive content.
Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided.
- Manages for Results/Delegates Effectively: Holds self and
others accountable for meeting measurable goals and performance
expectations. Identifies multiple ways to achieve results, takes
decisive action, and brings projects to completion in the timeline
expected. Establishes regular status checks to maintain and report
progress toward goals. Provides helpful, supportive feedback to
others. Engages those closest to a situation to make decisions or
recommendations. Feeding America recognizes and values diversity. -
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented
diverse workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging and
-contribute to a culture that values differences, ideas, and
experiences. We intentionally seek out diverse perspectives and
skills on our teams, knowing that it makes us stronger as an
organization and better equipped to serve our neighbors in need. We
encourage individuals from historically under-represented
communities and individuals with lived experience of hunger to
Keywords: Feeding America, Chicago , Salesforce Developer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...