Legal Word Processor - 2nd Shift
Company: McGuireWoods LLP
Posted on: November 23, 2021
McGuireWoods LLP has an opening for an experienced Legal Word
Processor in our Chicago, Charlotte or Los Angeles offices. The
Legal Word Processor serves as a business resource by providing
document services, management and information processing to the
firm using all available software applications and platforms. This
position is for 2nd shift.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the
United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834,
McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with
predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered
expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these
strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs
-- and helping them meet their goals. This has been the firm's
philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct
endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more
information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com. California
residents have special rights with respect to personal information.
If you are a California resident applying for a position at
McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal
information the firm collects.
* Create and revise documents from handwritten, typed, or scanned
drafts as well as corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or
previous versions in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Create outlines, indices and templates.
* Generate Tables of Content and Tables of Authority.
* Convert documents from one application to another; strip and
correct formatting, insert footers, page lines and numbers.
* Format documents using Styles/Schemes and MacPac; format and
insert pictures, tables, spreadsheets and video into documents,
spreadsheets, and presentations.
* Correct and reformat documents to conform to McGuireWoods, court
and client requirements.
* Create merged documents, mailing lists, and labels.
* Create Blacklines and prepare document comparisons using
* Utilize features in Adobe Pro
* OCR documents.
* Create bookmarks and hyperlinks.
* Combine several PDF documents into one document.
* Create fillable forms.
* Convert documents from PDF to PDF/A.
* Bates number documents.
* Provide transcription services.
* Upload documents to e-Rooms.
* Create virtual binders.
* Rename PDF documents and file in WorkSite.
* Bookmark documents and burn to CD.
* Scan, clean-up, correct, and proof documents.
* Copy documents from locations and save to network drives,
WorkSite and/or external media; create zip files.
* Sort and de-dupe documents.
* Format and filter spreadsheets and table for printing.
* Adheres to firm document and information security measures by
following internal and client security protocols.
* Enter data into Excel spreadsheets and tables.
* Convert Outlook contacts and vCards into Interaction.
* Code data in Relativity.
* Analyze, summarize and highlight documents in Excel, Relativity
* Direct audio converter and CD ripper for conversion from audio
file (i.e., MP3) to WAV format.
* Create documents, flyers, posters for office events.
* Search internet for company information for marketing
* Enter time into DTE.
* Troubleshoot issues with firm personnel using various programs as
well with documents.
Qualifications & Skills:
* Requires high school diploma or equivalent and minimum of two
years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* OR Coursework and/or certification in MicroSoft Office Suite from
a technical or community college.
* Proficient in all required firm software packages.
* Excellent proofreading, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
* Typing speed of 70 wpm.
* Ability to comprehend work product.
* Ability to use hardware and other equipment.
* Excellent attention to detail and organization.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Able to interact effectively with employees and attorneys at all
* Able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and handle multiple
* Able to work independently within a team environment.
* Able to work overtime as needed.
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.
Keywords: McGuireWoods LLP, Chicago , Legal Word Processor - 2nd Shift, Legal , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!