Senior Counsel, Commercial
Company: Grubhub Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams
thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering
opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We
value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other,
our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a
team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If
so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite
restaurant for food delivery! Grubhub is seeking a Senior Counsel
in our Chicago, Boston or New York office (remote candidates will
be considered). The ideal candidate will be a seasoned corporate
lawyer with outstanding drafting and negotiating skills,
organizational capabilities, attention to detail, execution and
follow-through. This person is also a creative problem-solver, a
self-starter with a great attitude and a team player. This position
will report into our Chief Legal Officer. The Impact You Will
- Draft and negotiate a wide array of commercial agreements,
including contracts with our restaurant partners; complex
procurement and other vendor contracts; intellectual property
license agreements; and real estate leases.
- Partner with the business development team to help structure
and negotiate new business initiatives, joint ventures and
- Manage and improve internal processes, including standard
templates for the legal team.
- Advise business teams developing products to ensure legal
- Oversee subsidiary governance and management, including license
registration and maintenance. -
- Assist on other projects as needed, including general
corporate, and overseeing external counsel.
- Demonstrate an ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and
business concerns, adjust frequently and meet demanding deadlines
What You Bring to the Table
- JD degree and admitted to any state bar. -
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, preferably with in-house
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide variety of
commercial contracts and complex corporate transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong
attention to detail.
- Able to balance competing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount
of time to recharge their batteries. -
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your
overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee
network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable
and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8
weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and
6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional
development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you
to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We
provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching
and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who's ready for some lunch? We provide our employees
with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local
restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year
to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that
connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives.
Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests,
Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy
hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the
communities that support our business. In addition, employees are
given paid time off each year to support the causes that are
important to them. - - Vaccination Requirement: -Grubhub employees
are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof
of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to
starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have
passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the
Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine,
such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the
booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated,
and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster
once eligible (6 months post last dose). Grubhub is an equal
opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a
workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need
a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process,
please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us
know the nature of your request and contact information. Please
note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address. CA
Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California
and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email
Keywords: Grubhub Inc., Chicago , Senior Counsel, Commercial, Legal , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!