Senior Counsel, Fiduciary Administration
Company: Bank of Montreal
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Address:111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalleJob Family Group:LegalWe are
hiring! Our Fiduciary Administration legal team in
Chicago/Milwaukee is growing. Our team reviews new fiduciary
business opportunities for recommendations on risk mitigant and
acceptance. We also advise trust and estate administrators on legal
issues arising from day-to-day fiduciary operations. You will get
the opportunity to review Wealth Management marketing and
advertising opportunities, as well as to advise board, committees
and executives on risk and legal issues arising out of fiduciary
business decisions. Come join our team!Provides and manages the
delivery of legal and regulatory advice on products, initiatives,
strategies, policies and developments for and on behalf of BMO's US
Wealth Management operating group. Provides legal advice based on
knowledge of legal principles, practices and procedures, and
knowledge of the financial services industry and its environment.
Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives. Works to
achieve organizational goals while minimizing legal risk.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new
initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external
- Exercises judgement on complex, confidential and sensitive
- Identifies and resolves complex issues.
- Delivers legal advice, instructs external counsel and ensures
compliance with internal policies & procedures for a single or
small number of function(s).
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant laws, regulations
- Resolves daily issues and/or escalates with appropriate
analysis and/or recommendations.
- Identifies risks and implements appropriate actions to mitigate
- Builds effective relationships with internal/ external
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a
specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or
ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be
complex and non-routine.Qualifications:
- Typically 7 years of legal practice or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Degree in law (LLB or JD) and license to practice law in
- Private practice, in-house experience or experience at
regulatory body relating to the regulation of business/group
activities may be required.
- Knowledge of business and regulatory environment in which BMO
Financial Group operates.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education,
experience and industry knowledge.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group
collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.#BMOLRCWe're here to helpAt BMO Harris
Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in
business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive
change for our customers, our communities and our people. By
working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform
lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.As
a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and
heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. - We
strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and
our customers. - We'll support you with the tools and resources you
need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach
theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.To find out more visit us at
.BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank
does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than
directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO
Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris
Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement
resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting
agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency
agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Keywords: Bank of Montreal, Chicago , Senior Counsel, Fiduciary Administration, Legal , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!