Company: Silver Cross
Location: New Lenox
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Silver Cross Hospital is an extraordinary place to work. We're
known for our culture of excellence and delivery -of unrivaled
experiences -for our patients, their families, the communities we
serve---and for each other. Come join us! It's the way -you -want
to be treated. The Corporate Counsel supports Silver Cross's state
and federal regulatory activities with respect to healthcare
matters across its various entities. The position provides
healthcare legal advice regarding compliance filings, government
programs (Medicare/Medicaid), contracts and ancillary transactional
documents, protecting the hospital's interests in material matters
and business relationships as necessary. Essential Duties and
- Provide legal guidance, research, review analysis, and advice
regarding all legal issues presented by client served.
- Serve as subject matter expert on healthcare regulatory issues
in transactions, affiliations, and efforts to expand service lines
and healthcare in Silver Cross's service area.
- Provide oversight of state licensure and CMS program filings,
including Medicare/Medicaid enrollment and change of information or
ownership applications, CLIA applications, and ensuring ongoing
good standing with relevant authorities.
- Interact and maintain relationships with key federal and state
agencies and contractors as necessary.
- Conducts research on legal principles and precedents and
consults with outside counsel on legal strategies for particular
- Use professional legal theories and best practices to
contribute to development of the hospital's principles to achieve
objectives in a highly effective way.
- Confer with Silver Cross leaders on legal and risks matters,
ensure remedies and course of action(s) protects the hospital's
- Work on extremely complex and multifaceted problems in which
analysis of solutions and/or facts require an evaluation of
- Assess and mitigates risk on even the most difficult and
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts, ensuring favorable
terms for Silver Cross.
- Prepare ancillary documents to support legal business matters
and memorialize business decisions.
- Advise on transactional risks and potential liabilities.
- Effectively manages outside counsel, both performance and
expenses, netting positive outcomes for the hospital.
- Manage SCH's Compliance Program, ensuring compliance with OIG's
7 standards for an effective compliance program, audits/responses
to CMS inquiries, and HIPAA/Privacy governance.
- Manage SCH's Contract management system, Loss Reserve,
insurance/re-insurance, event management system, management of
lawsuits and potential events related to normal course of business
and employee related matters, and management of outside
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing
deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong legal and technical background, with experience in
health care industry a plus.
- Significant experience that demonstrates maturity, outstanding
judgment, and discretion handling highly confidential
- Ability to interface with tact and diplomacy at all
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in diverse teams with shared responsibility and
accountability.Education and Training:
- Juris Doctor (JD) required from accredited law school located
within the United States, Illinois license required and a minimum
of 4 years of experience in a healthcare in-house counsel role or
experience in a law firm as healthcare counsel preferred.Age
Specific Competency Requirement: Demonstrates the knowledge and
skills necessary to provide care to the ages served.Work Shift
Details:Days, Day ShiftDepartment:ADMINISTRATION About Us INSPIRING
HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS THROUGH AN INCLUSIVE CULTURE AT SILVER
Keywords: Silver Cross, Chicago , Corporate Counsel, Legal , New Lenox, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!