OR Scrub Tech
Company: Mount Sinai Health System
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Experience the future of job applications! Click to complete a
quick chat with our AI recruiter, Wendy, and tell her about your
About Sinai Health System
Located on Chicago s West and Southwest Side, Sinai Health System
is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Schwab
Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Children s Hospital, Sinai Community
Institute, Sinai Medical Group, and Sinai Urban Health
The entities of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full
range of quality inpatient and outpatient services, as well as a
large number of innovative, community-based health, research and
social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise
and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who
live in our diverse service area. With our team of dedicated
caregivers, Sinai Health System is committed to building stronger,
A partner with the Jewish United Fund in serving our community
OR Scrub Tech
The Surgical Scrub Technician under the supervision of the
registered nurse assists the preoperative team in the care and
safety of patients undergoing surgical intervention. Performs
direct and indirect care activities according to the behaviors and
responsibilities as outlined in this statement.
- Direct Patient Care in the Operative Procedure.
- Assists personnel with surgical attire.
- Assists with instrumentation throughout procedure.
- Performs sharps, instrument and sponge count according to
- Coordinates with circulating RN as a member of the
- Ensures all personnel maintain aseptic technique and universal
precautions at all times.
- Prepares operating rooms for procedures.
- Stocks operation room and delivery rooms in accordance with the
- Cleans and replaces equipment between patients. Skills &
- Associates Degree
- Operating Room caregivers MUST be certified by the National
Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or
obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
- Labor & Delivery caregivers must be certified by National Board
of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the
National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). Benefits/Perks:
- Self-Scheduling: 12-Hour Shifts - Days, Evenings or Nights
- Institutions: Teaching Hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center (MSH),
Level 2 Trauma Center (HCH)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Long
Term Care Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance,
- 403(b) match
- Flexible Spending, Health Savings accounts and voluntary
benefits at group rates
- Train Shuttle
- Legal Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) , Employee Discounts
Use this link to chat with Wendy, our AI recruiter, to learn more
about this position!
Associated topics: bsn, ccu, hospice, mhb, nurse clinical,
psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, surgery, transitional
Keywords: Mount Sinai Health System, Chicago , OR Scrub Tech, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!