Senior Account Executive - Midwest
Company: SAP SE
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Requisition ID: 277063
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
-- COMPANY DESCRIPTION SAP started in 1972 as a team of five
colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they
changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done.
Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we
remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel
innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our
employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and
building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a
diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides
opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform
industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our
environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the
world run better and improve people's lives. ROLE DESCRIPTION: The
Account Executive's primary responsibilities include prospecting,
qualifying, selling and closing new business to existing customers.
The Account Executive brings a Point of View to the Customer
engagement; leading all resources to solve customer problems with
appropriate SAP products. This position will be focused on a set of
large Distribution and Retail--Accounts in the Midwest Region.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Revenue - Meet or exceed your quarterly targets and projected
annual revenue goals, both cloud and on-premise.
- Cloud Consumption - Generally support customer care for the
consumption of software.
- Pipeline -Generate 3X-4X R4Q of your quota in accurate and
feasible pipeline opportunities.--
- Deal and Pipeline Health - Stay current and accurate in your
forecasting and the information maintained in supporting
- Demonstrate accurate understanding of SAP solutions and the
necessary combinations of products for accurate client proposal
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead a holistic sales
- Demonstrate your ability to individually create and deliver
- Demonstrate ability to personally close business Business
- Territory Planning - develop a plan for your territory
including large opportunities and a glidepath to deliver them.
- Account Planning - effectively execute Account Planning as well
as appropriate follow up actions.--
- Virtual Account Team (VAT) Management - manage and effectively
use your extended VAT to penetrate all customer buying centers to
identify and qualify new opportunities. Leverage whitespace to
focus your team's efforts.
- Events - Fully leverage SAP events such as SAPPHIRE as well as
individual customer-centric events.
- Activity - Put the day-to-day effort into personally connecting
with your customers.--
- Value-Sell - leverage a value-centric and strategic perspective
with your customers.
- Expansion and Customer Intimacy - Expand and deepen SAP
relationships at your respective customers - with special focus of
development outside of traditional IT channels.
- Executive Alignment - Develop and leverage SAP-to-customer
executive engagement, not just in support of a given deal. General
- Leadership - demonstrate effective leadership of your entire
"business" by strategizing and communicating with your team early
and often. Be the field general. Lead your customer versus being
led - think and act proactively. Hold people accountable for
corresponding actions. Effectively escalate and/or remove
- Partner - utilize partners across all spectrums (internal and
external) to support your objectives
- Communication - exhibit clarity, accuracy, frequency and
professionalism in all forms of communication.--
- Responsiveness - be responsive and timely to all internal and
external customer and partner requests. Have a sense of
- Operational Excellence - run your territory like a business in
all regards. Utilize best practices.
- Attitude and Effort - Creatively approach issues and
opportunities. Put the effort in that is required and exhibit a
can-do attitude. Have a high "motor." WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 10+--years of experience in sales of complex business software
/ IT solutions - Consumer Products and Agriculture--Industry
- Proven track record in business application software
- Experience in lead role of a team-selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales
campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive
- Business level English: Fluent EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS /
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES: WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching
for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth,
recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a
strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive
work environment - apply now. SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development
of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and
appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the
company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment
Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are
interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of
accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to
complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request
to Recruiting Operations Team.
Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C
firstname.lastname@example.org ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be
required to undergo a background verification with an external
vendor. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status or disability. Successful candidates might be required to
undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: ERP, Business Development, Outside Sales, Software
Sales, SAP, Technology, Sales
Keywords: SAP SE, Chicago , Senior Account Executive - Midwest, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!