AVP, Actuarial (Reserving
Company: Kemper Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Category
Business / Data Analysis Job Id R-21-0011841 As an Assistant Vice
President (AVP) on our Property & Casualty loss reserving team
located in our downtown Chicago office, you will assist in leading
the loss reserving team in producing estimates of loss reserves for
Kemper's Property & Casualty operations. As an AVP, you will need
to be able to effectively communicate results to others in the
organization and to summarize the results to provide insights to
the business and functional leaders. Also as an AVP, you will need
to be able to develop partnerships with other leaders throughout
the organization to ensure the reserving team is effectively
meeting the business needs of the organization. We are looking for
someone who continually seeks out opportunities to enhance the loss
reserving process, the abilities of the loss reserving team, and
the communication of results from the reserving team. You should
also be able to work effectively in a team environment and be able
to manage, develop, and mentor the analyst level staff. PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in leading and coordinating the loss reserving analysis
for Kemper's Property & Casualty operations
- Interact and lead presentations with leaders from other areas
(Finance, Product, Claims, and Executive)
- Provide business insights to business and functional
- Ensure reserving team is meeting business needs of others in
- Recognize opportunities to enhance analyses and improve
- Assist in supporting and developing actuarial management
- Represent reserving team on Kemper's Economic Capital Modeling
- Manage, mentor, and develop actuarial staff MINIMUM JOB
- 10 or more years of Property & Casualty Actuarial experience,
preferably with reserving experience
- 5 or more years of management experience and/or experience
leading teams and/or projects of various size and complexity
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society or the equivalent from
other organizations or demonstrates equivalent knowledge
- Education equivalent to a Bachelors degree in actuarial
science, mathematics, statistics or related field, or the
equivalent in related work experience. Competitive candidates will
- Experience leading or mentoring analyst level staff
- Proficiency in computer programming (VBA, SQL, SAS, R, etc.)
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- An AVP will be able to perform a reserving analysis with no
supervision using reasonable assumptions/judgments.
- Proven contributor of ideas for enhancements in analyses and
- Will be able to implement enhancements with minimal guidance
from higher level staff.
- Effective communication skills with ability to convey
complicated topics in an understandable, concise manner.
- Analytical and creative problem solver with extremely strong
quantitative skills that can spot patterns, trends, and
opportunities in data.
- Experience analyzing data in order to draw conclusions about
data integrity and accuracy.
- Strong computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office,
computer programming experience and experience with VBA, SAS, SQL,
or R is a plus.
- Experience providing internal service to a business, forming
strong relationships, understanding client experiences and
expectations and working to anticipate needs.
- Will be able to review others work for reasonableness and
identify opportunities for enhancement.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and develop analyst level staff The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities
or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with
or without reasonable accommodation. Our organization has a dynamic
work environment where positions evolve and change. Therefore, the
Company reserves the right to modify, delete, or add job duties,
responsibilities and skills that are stated in this job description
at any time. Get tailored job recommendations based on your
interests. Location Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Category Business / Data Analysis Work as part of a team to build
predictive models designed to support the Kemper organization in
areas such as risk selection, customer segmentation and lifetime
value, insurance pricing, operational efficiency... Location
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Category Business /
Data Analysis Create detailed requirements when required and work
with others within the aligned business area to foster effective
data-centric requirement creation. At least 5 years of experience
in a similar position... Location Chicago, Illinois, United States
of America Category Business / Data Analysis The successful
candidate will have experience in transformation efforts leveraging
their knowledge and skills from a technology, data and business
perspective to drive and conduct business problem or opportunity...
Kemper is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected
category or status.
Keywords: Kemper Corporation, Chicago , AVP, Actuarial (Reserving, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!