Leadership Operations Coordinator
Company: Ernst & Young
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Leadership Operations Supervising Associate EY GDS (Global
Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT,
project management and strategic business services to EY member
firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to clients
from all over the world.
-- The opportunity: The Leadership Operations role will work
closely with the Business Office and Workforce Management/D&I
leaders to provide best in class services to the ET Core Leadership
Team, ET organization, across EY Technology and with strategic
business partners. Supports the interaction with stakeholders to
gather, understand, document and support business requirements.
Must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to
successfully engage and interact with relevant ET stakeholders.
This role will also project manage functional/operational
leadership meeting planning and logistics (in person or virtual, as
required) including defining meeting cadence and purpose of the
meetings, collecting and holding agendas to keep to the purpose of
each meeting, materials, decision and action tracking and issue
resolution. This role will share the agreed leadership priorities
with the BMC ET CE Leader, who will manage an ET-focused cross
channel communication strategy and cadence in alignment with
strategic priorities. This strategy will use existing comms
channels and align to the broader EY messaging and branding
guidelines, which will feed into the topics and messaging delivered
through functional leadership meetings as appropriate. This role
will work across ET leaders, key project teams, Change Management
and BMC to gather insights on strategic priority implementation
gaps, risks, and issues and determine optimum approaches to address
them. This role reports to the Workforce Management/D&I Lead,
EY Technology - Enterprise Technology. Your key
-- Coordinates with ET CLT and ELT leaders to successfully plans,
- Partner with BMC, ET function leaders and teams to develop
targeted function-specific operational meetings within that
functional team to share information on work product, team norms,
progress, build engagement and connections which should be aligned
with and support the agreed communications strategies and content
developed by BMC
- Partner with BMC and with ET leadership to define the yearly
CLT and ELT operational leadership meeting cadence, purpose of
meetings and calendar.
- Collect the agenda items and consolidate content of each
operational leadership meeting based on leadership input to be
presented in leadership meetings.
- Leverage existing Event Management capabilities to execute
leadership events/off-sites/extended meetings.
- Partner with BMC to increase engagement by using ice breaker
exercises, guest speakers and participation through real time polls
for CLT and ELT operational leadership meetings
- Coordinate as needed on event planning with partner groups such
as ET Global Travel Meetings and Events, Event Enablement Services
and GDS/Creative Services and external vendors such hotels at
physical event locations.
- Attends meetings with business stakeholders to understand and
gather business / functional requirements.
- Capture and provide event feedback outcomes and insights to
leadership and leverage feedback to adjust future events
- The role requires strong interpersonal skills, solution
orientation and an ability to effectively partner and lead
inclusively across functions, service lines and geographies, using
influence, negotiation and strategic thinking to drive both
incremental and permanent change.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills
needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- The Leadership Operations role must be intellectually curious,
well-informed and forward thinking to keep ahead of communication
and events trends, tools and practices.
- Is aware of the latest trends to provide consult and guide
leaders when making strategic priority and events planning
- Interpret employee feedback provided via various tools to make
recommendations for areas of improvement relating to strategic
priorities and events.
- Lead the strategic priority and event improvement initiatives
by cultivating strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
of the organization and consider feedback to make
- Mediates escalated challenges appropriately and quickly.
- Closely partners with BMC colleagues to help be informed on the
latest BMC focus areas and channels.
- Identify and track communications impact metrics. Skills and
attributes for success:
- Demonstrates an understanding of business requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A commitment and ability to work under pressure at peak
- Good attitude and disposition, willing to help and collaborate
for a common goal.
- Ability to establish empathy and good relationships with staff,
leadership and internal clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly team-oriented, flexible approach.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands to meet specific
- Experience working in complex, global, diverse,
cross-functional work-streams and ability to manage multiple
- Comfortable managing ambiguity and work in the changing
environment of a high-performing technology organization.
- Identifies potential points of contention for missed
- Proactively identify risks and issues on projects and adopt a
logical and organized approach to problem resolution; anticipates
problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies
possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and
implements most appropriate solution
- May assist in preparation of draft templates under guidance
from other team members.
- Provides documentation for project review meetings, attends
project review meetings/other project meetings as needed.
- Able to build and maintain relationships across global
functions, organization levels and geographies, establish and
maintain credibility and excellent customer and stakeholder
- Strong executive presence: must be an active listener, strong
communications skills including written and verbal, presentation
and facilitation, and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Good judgment, empathy, emotional intelligence, tact and
- Good analytical, critical thinking, complex problem solving and
root-cause analysis skills.
- Able to work effectively with diverse populations and to lead
- Receives limited, general direction and works independently
except for the most complex programs and projects; work is reviewed
only for results obtained individually or by team that is being
- Where appropriate, directly and indirectly responsible for
supervising staff members and project teams in the development,
implementation, and delivery of services and products to client's
- In an inclusive and supportive manner, irrespective of age,
race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, (dis-)ability
- In-line with EY policies and standards and work with indirect
reports in other EY teams in a respectful and supportive
- Where appropriate coordinate and supervise the daily activities
of team members.
- Where appropriate set priorities for the team to ensure task
completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
What we look for:
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities,
ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people
and different cultures
- Ability to travel as required and conduct multi-time zone
meetings outside of local business hours
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Approximately 8-10 years relevant work experience
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria
above, please contact us as soon as possible. --
Join us in building a better working world. --
Apply now. My Profile Create and manage profiles for future
Keywords: Ernst & Young, Chicago , Leadership Operations Coordinator, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!