Senior UX Designer
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Summary Responsible for creating, developing, and executing
quality designs for core elements of our pharmacy business and
system applications. Ensures more junior designers work aligns to
an overarching vision and strategy to deliver the best user
experience. This role leads and mentors less experienced designers.
- Participates in the development of the definition and
documentation for the UX style guide patterns & behaviors. Creates
wireframe layouts for pages that present content and functionality
with intuitive clarity and balance.
- Perform detailed analysis of business and develops clear
documentation that shows the site's content and components.
- Ensures all designs are according to agree style & behavior
patterns. May recommend changes styles and patterns, as
- Participates, contributes to and presents designs during
internal bi-weekly design reviews as well as leadership design
reviews. Presents and defends concepts with concrete tactical
- Participates & supports product & engineering team with any
user experience needs throughout different phases of the project
(planning, pre-work, elaboration and post-work).
- Collaborates on daily basis with product owners, business
analysts, system analysts, and scrum teams to ensure quality &
- Follows agreed WOW and UX processes. May recommend changes to
the WOW and UX processes, as necessary.
- Strives for innovative solutions understanding platform
constrains, technical & program level limitations.
- Partners with design authority to ensure suggested solutions
meet with technical expectations & limitations.
- Participates in documenting UX WOW, best practices, and style
- Partners with research team to validate concepts & design
- Mentors and guides less experienced Designers. An Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans Walgreens
(www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division
of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in
retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America's most loved pharmacy,
health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the
health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more
than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the
U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health
destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day.
Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare
system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare
services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients,
Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms
bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest
technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local
communities nationwide. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of design experience
with focus on software, web applications, & mobile apps OR a High
School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of design experience with
focus on software, web applications, & mobile apps
- Experience working with software project, management practices,
development practices, & agile methodologies.
- Experience with prototyping software, Such as Axure.
- Experience creating wireframes, and/or other visual
- Experience with user interface design patterns and UCD
methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Experience working with User Center Design processes
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as Confluence
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state). Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction
Design, Human Factors / ergonomics or related field.
- At least 4 years of UX design experience.
Keywords: Walgreens, Chicago , Senior UX Designer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!