Schedule:Sunday - Thursday, 8:55am - 9:00am
Location: 5370 S. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.
Farmers Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for
everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and
snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending
machines that we refer to as smart Fridges, and a new
direct-to-consumer business. We are striving to change the food
system from the ground up one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares - about the business, the
impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven,
innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for
people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive
culture and have a passion to succeed.
About this Job:
Do you love preparing healthy and delicious meals? Farmers
Fridge is looking to hire enthusiastic, hard-working team members
to join our team at our production facility near Midway.
You will prepare and pack fresh meals and snacks that are
delivered to our Fridges for customers to purchase. You can work
with a fun and passionate group, gain valuable experience with room
to move up, and help bring healthy, delicious food to our
To learn more about the role, watch this video:
A flexible scheduleis key withthis role.Most days these shifts will
be around 8 hours, but an end time isn't guaranteed and on occasion
there is the chance for overtime.
- Prepare (wash, chop, sort) raw ingredients, such as
- Follow recipes to create menu items such as snacks and
- Portion ingredients into jars and packages according to our
- Pack the items to prepare them for delivery.
- Help keep the production facility clean and organized.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. with a valid Social Security
number and pass a background check.
- Able to stand and work for long periods of time (8+ hour
shifts) in a cold environment (around 40 degrees) and lift at least
- Able to stay organized and be flexible in a fast-paced
- Team player with a positive attitude and plenty of hustle!
- Basic knowledge of technology including smartphones, iPads, and
laptop computers, a plus!
- Knowledge of basic kitchen etiquette (hand washing techniques,
food safety, knife skills) a plus!
- Food Handler Certification required within your first week (a
plus if you already have it)!
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
- Traditional benefits for full-time hourly Health, Dental,
Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy.
- 401(k) with employer match
- Daily Farmers Fridge meal provided
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the
facility should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and
passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring
your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free
to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and
inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping
During your break - Never run on
empty by enjoying daily Farmers Fridge meals, challenge a coworker
to a game of ping pong, de-stress by taking a spin on our Nascar
arcade game, or spend your break on one of our comfy couches.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all
teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company
through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership,
and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the
companys bottom line. You can also impact your bottom line
participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with
Farmers Fridge is an
equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
View our disclosures
related to External Agencies and Applicants below:
Powered by JazzHR