Marketing Manager, Mining Technology -- Tucson, AZ or Milwaukee, WI
Company: Komatsu America Corp
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining,
forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing
value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse
line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies,
regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we
tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and
productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a
myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water,
pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical,
through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H,
Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and
A Marketing Manager at Komatsu is a proven leader, exceptional
at identifying marketing and communications opportunities for the
business, establishing a vision, and setting goals to reach and
resonate with end customer targets. Their primary focus is to drive
measurable growth in engagement and revenue through strategic
marketing; assiduous brand stewardship, and constant nurturing and
development of stakeholder relationships.
- Develop and lead marketing communications strategies for
Komatsu's offerings, by connecting our customers' needs to the
value provided by our products, services and solutions. This role
requires both internal engagement across departments and
subsidiaries, as well as external customer engagement.
- Through marketing, communications, and branding initiatives,
drive Mining Technology solutions to market, collaborating with
multiple Komatsu Mining Technology cross-functional teams (i.e.:
KMC, KLTD, KAC, KGM, MMS, Mineware, major distributors, and CoE's
such as Data Analytics, CI, etc.) to understand their capabilities,
products and services and develop competitive messages to present
these solutions as a value-add to our customers.
- Develop personas for target audience segments and product
groups. Map the customer journey and acquire necessary intelligence
about customer behaviors and preferences through interviews, VOC,
and supplemental research.
- Strategize and collaborate with Marketing and Communication
peers to feed the content and channel strategies, as well as the
marketing automation program which communicates directly with
customers in a personalized way.
- Develop key messages based on defined communication priorities,
ensuring marketing activities are prioritized according to business
and customer need.
- Facilitate collaborative workshops with stakeholders to gain
consensus on strategic foundations for marketing activities,
including goals/KPIs, audience personas, value proposition, and key
- Drive marketing strategies for key initiatives of Komatsu
Mining Technology's products, services and solutions. Lead the
development of key messages and communication plans for products
and services and events and trade shows.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with the sales and product teams to participate in
Voice of Customer (VOC) activities and understand their business
strategy for achieving long and short terms business goals through
- Develop marketing strategies and plans to meet the needs of
target audience(s) and product groups/stakeholders; outline
creative requirements via creative briefs to inform concepting and
content development activities.
- Work with the content team, digital team, and project
manager(s) to develop and execute content and editorial plans in
relevant channels, to reach and resonate with target
- Oversee and provide guidance to inform work priorities for the
project managers to execute with resource team(s).
- Attend conferences and seminars, industry and marketing-related
trade shows, and schedule meetings and interviews with internal
stakeholders to validate and constantly improve marketing
activities and messages.
- Develop and maintain sales enablement tools and training
materials, ensuring branded materials are up-to-date and aligned
with overarching strategy.
- Lead intake meetings and strategic workshops to confirm goals
and KPIs, value propositions and USPs, target audience personas
(jobs, needs, pains, and gains), tactics and channels for
distribution, and measurement plans for ongoing optimization.
- Pro-actively keep in touch, schedule check-in meetings and join
business meetings with products and sales teams to support their
business strategies from a marketing perspective.
- Partner and collaborate with peers on the Marketing
Communications team to execute pilot programs for continuous
learning and ongoing optimization.
- Develop necessary documentation (i.e. strategy briefs, creative
briefs, discussion guides, presentations, marketing plans, etc.) to
communicate marketing goals, challenges, and/or plans.
- Together with Digital Strategist and Director, determine how to
measure and track ROI, refining strategy based on findings.
- Provide support to teammates and peers to ensure effective and
timely completion of deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing,
Communications, Advertising, Journalism and Mass Communications
required. Master's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or
- 5+ years applicable experience focused on marketing,
communications, product management, sales or solutions
- Exceptional writing ability, especially a propensity to
translate technical content and product info into useful materials
for non-technical audiences
- Displays knowledge in relation to the product or service being
marketed to the public (or demonstrates capabilities of learning
- Ability to take complex ideas and translate them into
communications that can be easily understood by audiences at all
- Ability to manage people and motivate a team to achieve
- Understands customer engagement strategy development and how
consumers respond to various forms of media and engagements.
- Possesses strong communication, relationship building, and
negotiation skills. Experience working with personnel in leadership
roles (internal and external to the organization).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, short deadline environment and
adapt to change; Can meet demands and timelines without sacrificing
quality; works well under stress.
- Must have the ability to effectively influence, mentor, and
educate both internal and external stakeholders in a variety of
- Engaging personality, with a passion to help create and promote
the solutions of the future of our business.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Komatsu America Corp, Chicago , Marketing Manager, Mining Technology -- Tucson, AZ or Milwaukee, WI, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!