Senior Project Engineer, Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Company: Shure Brothers, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join Shure's Digital Signal Processing group be a part of the
next generation of intelligent audio products tailored for the
content creator, the listener, and the conference participant!
As the Senior Project Engineer, DSP you will:
- Develop products that deliver excellent audio experiences in
state-of-the-art audio technologies for one or more of following
sectors: content creation, conferencing products, wired and
wireless headphones, earphones.
- Work cross-functionally to develop digital audio processing
algorithms and characterize system performance.
- Work with product managers, system architects, and embedded
software/ hardware/acoustics engineers to define, develop and
productize audio solutions.
- Own responsibility for the overall audio quality of the
product, which includes proper integration of DSP features,
resource optimization, performance testing on the product including
thorough listening test evaluations.
- Perform feature refinement, software development, audio
algorithm modeling/ deploying/ testing, and cross functional
collaboration to deliver audio products that make Shure the most
trusted audio brand worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have substantial demonstrated
accomplishments in developing proprietary, value-added DSP
algorithm technology in fixed and floating point implementations.
In addition, they will have experience in low latency real-time
audio algorithm development, and a familiarity or experience with
audio processing for one or more aspects from the following: audio
content creation, conferencing, listening technologies. Experience,
familiarity, or enthusiasm for DAWs, VST plugins, digital audio
codecs, microphone arrays, psychoacoustics, spatial audio, machine
learning, audio algorithm design, adaptive algorithms (e.g. AEC,
NR, AGC) and/or system testing is also a plus.
Team location: The team you will be interacting with is in
Niles, IL. If you are remote some periodic travel to Niles may be
- Deliver digital audio processing features into a variety of
intelligent, sensor rich, data driven products
- Design, simulate, develop and test real time audio signal
processing algorithms for fixed- and floating- point DSPs and/or
ARM based MCUs and associated components (ADCs, DACs) in a PC or
- Simulate algorithm designs using Matlab and other prototyping
tools; perform objective audio testing; conduct subjective
listening validation tests
- Implement and optimize previously simulated audio processing
designs to meet product constraints (MIPS, memory) and requirements
- Implement audio processing algorithms on real-time operating
systems or bare metal operating systems
- Participate in the selection of hardware components such as
DSPs, ADCs, DACs, memory, etc.
- Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design
and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies
- Present live demonstrations of work-in-progress audio
processing algorithms to product stakeholders
- Estimate, organize, and document tasks
- Review the design and code developed by peer engineers
- Communicate technical topics both verbally and in written
- Manage time efficiently to support project teams
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Software
Engineering with an emphasis in Digital Signal Processing.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience with real-time audio
processing including, but not limited to, programming languages
such as C, C++, assembly or HDL/other digital hardware
- Minimum 8 years industry experience with software development
tools such as Integrated Development Environments,
compilers/linkers, and debugging tools (emulator, profiler, etc.),
or equivalent digital hardware tools
- Minimum 5 years experience modeling DSP algorithms using
Matlab/Simulink, NumPi/SciPy, etc.
- Demonstrates skills as a seasoned, experienced professional in
DSP processing architectures and modeling DSP algorithms using
Matlab/Simulink and learns to use professional concepts and
continues developing professional expertise.
- Understanding of both floating point and fixed point DSP
- Demonstrated competency with test and measurement equipment
including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, audio analyzers, and
- Familiarity with standard software development tools, such as
Requirements Management, Bug Tracking, and Version Control
- Familiarity with audio industry standards and organizations
(AES, ITU, ETSI, IEEE, etc.).
Experience with any of the following considered a plus:
- Audio processing for content creation products which capture,
record, edit, and live stream both vocal and musical instrument
- Audio processing for array based audio conferencing products,
- Audio processing for wired/wireless earphone and headphone
- Audio recording and editing via DAW usage (e.g. Reaper,
Audacity) including VST plugin usage and/or creation
- Microphone / Speaker interaction
- HRTF's and other binaural audio recording, rendering
- 3-D Audio, Immersive Audio, Augmented Reality
Microphone arrays and beam-forming
Audio compression codecs, Error detection/correction
Fixed point audio development and debugging
Interfacing with remotely-located associates, management, or
Experience with wireless listening products and features
- Experience in studio recording, live sound reinforcement,
and/or live performance
Keywords: Shure Brothers, Inc., Chicago , Senior Project Engineer, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Other , Niles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!