Company: RR Donnelley
Location: Elk Grove Village
Posted on: June 12, 2021
RRD- Elk Grove Village - The Baler Operator operates and
maintains bailing equipment to bind trimmings and paper waste
received from the Press/Bindery equipment.
- Tend machines that shred and/or compresses and binds paper
by-products generated from the print manufacturing process to
facilitate disposition of the waste materials.
- Thread tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands
to tighten bands.
- Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from
- Transport bales using air lifts, pallet jacks or hoist
- Complete daily forklift condition report.
- Weigh the bales and keep records of the gross weight, materials
grade of the bales.
- Perform routine maintenance on the baling machinery and remove
obstructions in the cyclone as needed.
- May load bales on trucks, rail cars for disposal and complete
shipping manifest. May photograph container and seal for
- Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and
operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform
standard adjustments and operate the equipment.
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to
the equipment according to the individual job requirements,
operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine
and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
- Forklift certified or able to obtain forklift
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
Must be able to work 7:00 pm to 7:00 am shift, 3 days on/4
days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday,
Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to operate basic hand tools and forklift equipment
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- Experience in an up-stroke paper baling machine operation
Keywords: RR Donnelley, Chicago , Baler Operator, Other , Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!