Hiring Event 6/9 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Company: Pactiv Corporation
Location: Franklin Park
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a
leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 20 miles north west of Chicago, Franklin Park is just
south of O'Hare Airport and is a village in Cook County, Illinois.
The population was 18,333 at the 2010 census.
The plant was began plastics production in 1973 manufactures
APET, and has approximately 200 employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national
origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender
identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other
characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with
disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, pleasecall
(847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Safely and effectively packs finished goods and prepares product
- Provides support for the operations team by working safely to
feed material into machines, inspect product for defects and pack
finished goods in correct configuration.
- Performs quality checks and ensures correct counts on various
product sizes and packs into the appropriate packaging.
- Makes minor machine adjustments to minimize interruptions and
ensure quality product.
- Replacement of adhesive tape in hand tapers and automatic
- Ensure that any finished goods or work in progress
identification labels are present and placed in the correct
- Stacks finished product in correct configuration, ready for
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping, and that area(s) of
responsibility are safe, clean and tidy.
- Promptly inform supervisor of any issues concerning health and
safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies; Adheres to
all Safety rules and regulations.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Consistently and safely operates machines at or above standard
levels of operation including waste, quality, efficiency and
- Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems
through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine
- Provide innovative solutions for production issues
- Provides support and guidance to less experienced
- Completes appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for
crewing time, machine time, and production quantities
- Able to inspect and recognize defective product and make
machine adjustments to correct cause of defects
- Observes all housekeeping, standard work and safety
- Mechanical aptitude, demonstrated problem solving skills and
effective communication skills - written and verbal are
ELECTRO MECHANICAL TECH
- Follow all Standard work practices as defined by CIL
(continuous improvement leader) which includes tasks such as: All
Safety Policies such as Lockout Tagout procedures, Critical Safety
Rules, plant and department safety rules, PPE, MSDS policy and
procedures, plant fire protection systems alarms, and proper
startup and shut down of all equipment.
- Follow Good Housekeeping procedures.
- Complete Work orders following the proper procedure.
- Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC motor controls, single and 3
phase electrical circuits, electronic drives, and PLC
- Install electrical conduit and machine wiring installation of
motors up to 600 hp, fabricate and install brackets and mounting
for electrical boxes and disconnects.
- Inspect, test and clean AC and DC motors and replace brushes as
- Perform PMs on thermo-formers, trim presses, extrusion
equipment and support equipment.
- Comply will all Plant and Pactiv wide policies and
- Perform diagnostics on all equipment and effective troubleshoot
- Train co-workers on electrical related issues and signoff on
- Any and all duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
is highly preferred
- Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is
- Ability to follow standard work instructions is required.
- Manual Dexterity
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed record keeping per the prescribed frequency
- Hand/eye coordination
- Analytical skills
- Math Skills (calculators to determine and record production
- Basic troubleshooting skills to resolve minor machine issues
relating to its operation
- Understanding of production measurement tools such as level,
- Knowledge of product quality standards
- Principles of Thermoforming machines
ELECTRO MECHANICAL TECH
SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Education (minimum requirements):Basic
Electricity 1 & 2 or equivalent. High-School Diploma. Electrical
Trade School Certificate Preferred.
- Experience (minimum requirements): 3 5 years
of previous electrical experience.
- Knowledge of Electrical components of Thermo-formers,
Extruders, Crystallizers and Dryers preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and read
- Must be able to operate Lift/Scissor Truck.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with managers and
Keywords: Pactiv Corporation, Chicago , Hiring Event 6/9 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Other , Franklin Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!