Strategic Account Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common
purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable
place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and
passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in
knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society,
and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity,
collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront
of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to
find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying?
Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you'll learn & achieve:
This individual will work with some of UL's key accounts,
supporting them by being the main point of contact and focusing on
strategic business growth opportunities. You are an experienced,
highly motivated, commercial-minded sales leader who has a passion
for driving business transformation with visibility, insights, and
action. Your passion inspires you to be a bold, self-starter with
the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute
sales strategies to maximize customer impact.
If you have a successful history of managing the sales process
into large end user complex industrial accounts, especially in a
Strategic, Key Account or National Account Manager role we would
like to hear from you.
Additionally, you will be responsible tor:
Manage sales activities and maintain relationships with a
limited number of strategic accounts in a defined territory or
region. Act as the primary point-of-contact sales leader for
account regardless of account's geographic location. Demonstrate
the ability to provide professional leadership in a matrixed
environment. Manages and coordinate a regional relationship with
UL's larger customers over all related industries.
- Responds effectively to urgent and sensitive customer
- Works with Business Unit leadership or Global Account Managers
in the development of global or regional account strategies, goals,
- Focuses on customer satisfaction, account growth, expansion of
services provided, and sustaining customer loyalty for a group of
- May provide work direction to other employees in charge of
specific customer accounts.
- Performs other business critical duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's degree) in a
related discipline plus generally eight years of directly related
- Extensive knowledge of company policies and sales
- Experienced in sales and sales leadership.
- Demonstrates advanced negotiations skills as well as the skills
of a critical thinker to solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence external
and internal stakeholders
- Requires the ability to gain cooperation of others to conduct
proposals to C-level management and customers.
- Has understanding of company's portfolio of products or
services, across enterprise.
- Travel up to 75%.
- Experience within TIC, OEM manufacturing, electrical
manufacturing, or electrical power distribution a plus
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new.
Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has
been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply
engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond
what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the
best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
- Total Rewards: In the US, we provide lots of great benefits for
our employees are their families. From Volunteer Days off to 401k
match and retirement contribution benefits to flexible work
location & schedule options we look to support our employees no
matter what stage in life they are experiencing.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns
daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our
every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit
Keywords: UL, Chicago , Strategic Account Manager, Other , Northbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!