Sales Representative (Bilingual Spanish)-Portage Park (Entry Level)
Company: Oak Street Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Outreach Associate (Sales Rep, Entry Level)
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of
community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality
health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical
costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare
in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic,
comprehensive, and integrated care right in our patients'
communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest
cost savings in further care for those same communities and others.
Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to
tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan at
24 locations, and soon will open locations on the East Coast
starting in Pennsylvania. Visit www.oakstreethealth.com to learn
The position of an Outreach Associate (OA) is a flexible outside
sales position with the goal of adding new patients to an Oak
Street Health center. As part of the outreach team, the OA creates,
attends and/or runs events to meet with seniors, their adult
children, and community influencers to meet prospective patients
and to schedule their initial welcome visit appointment with Oak
Street. While an integral member of the outreach team, each OA
operates independently, with discretion in deciding daily tasks,
and is responsible for designing, implementing, and executing all
phases of an outreach and sales strategy.
- Examples of the types of activities Outreach Associates may
participate in to attract and acquire new patients:
- Plan, participate, and lead a variety of outreach/marketing
activities and events in the local community, including health
fairs, presentations at senior buildings, activities at churches
and food pantries, and any place where older adults may benefit
from learning about Oak Street service offerings.
- Manage all aspects of generating prospective patient leads,
from gathering contact information, following up to invite
prospective patients to tour Oak Street community centers.
- Create and/or coordinate activities in locations both in Oak
Street community centers and throughout the community, including
entertaining parties, bingos, trivia and karaoke.
- Develop deep ties within the community to continuously connect
with new prospective patients.
- Host regular events such as educational events on specific
health topics, benefit programs, ESL and creative writing
- Sign up eligible prospects to attend a welcome visit with our
doctor and care team to experience the Oak Street Health care
- Conduct individual and small group presentations discussing the
benefits of Oak Street Health with the intention of scheduling
initial physical exams.
- Develop strong relationships with the people in their
- Other duties as applicable.
- Availability to work some weekends is a must, as, due to the
flexible hours and nature of the position, Outreach Associates
generally work at least two Saturdays or weekend events per
What we're looking for
This is a highly selective position. Ideal candidates will
- A track record of success in healthcare-related sales and/or
- A demonstrated ability to operate independently in a fast-paced
- A passion, patience, and ability to explain complex topics to
seniors and their caregivers
- Ability to independently foster relationships with prospective
patients, their caregivers, and other community stakeholders
- An understanding of the Medicare and Medicare Advantage
- Ability to educate community members about Medicare and Oak
Street's numerous service offerings
- Comfort with a performance-based compensation model where part
of your compensation is determined upon meeting a quota and
achieving team and individual goals
- Familiarity with a Customer Relations Management systems is
- A commitment to performing meaningful work that dramatically
improves the lives of older adults
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in developing relationship with a variety of
- Ability to plan, manage, and execute a variety of marketing
- Access to a vehicle that you can use every day to drive to
events and activities in your community.
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken
by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be
found in other workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused
on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health,
vision, and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because
we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our
team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work.
In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply via our
Keywords: Oak Street Health, Chicago , Sales Representative (Bilingual Spanish)-Portage Park (Entry Level), Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!