Deep Learning Engineer
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Numerator is looking for a Deep Learning Engineer to join our
growing Research and Development team. This is a unique opportunity
where you will get a chance to work with an established and rapidly
evolving platforms that handles millions of requests and massive
amounts of events, and other data. In this position, you will be
responsible for taking on new initiatives to automate, enhance,
maintain, and scale services in a rapidly-scaling environment.
As a member of our Deep Learning team, you will make an
immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology
platforms across several software products. This is a high growth
and impact role that will give you tons of opportunity to drive
decisions for projects from inception through production.
What you'll get to do
- Develop and train deep learning models on computing clusters to
perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and
detection, or NLP-related tasks, such as applying both pre-trained
and custom transformers for NER, sequence classification, language
- Build and maintain systems, APIs, and end-to-end data pipelines
to deliver deep learning insights throughout all of Numerator's
products and platforms
- Work closely with deep learning engineers, software engineers,
product managers, and other teams, both internal and external
stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem
understanding to shipping the solution
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide
initiatives while being part of providing the technical vision and
strategy at Numerator
What you bring
- Strong background in the foundations of deep learning with a
proven track record of building high throughput, production quality
deep learning pipelines for NLP, computer vision, information
extraction, or related practice
- Expertise with at least one deep learning framework (PyTorch,
TensorFlow, or equivalent)
- Knowledge in the latest NLP-related algorithms and methods such
as transformers, sequence-to-sequence models, word and sentence
embeddings, attention, etc
- Fluency in Python
- Familiar with SQL
- Experienced Software Engineering and Data Modeling
- A Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics,
Statistics, or another quantitative discipline or 3+ years
equivalent industry experience
Nice to haves
- You are familiar with monitoring and deployment tools and
platforms, such as, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS
- Experience with C++
- Demonstrated ability to drive selection of machine learning
approaches to solve specific problems coupled with the ability to
clearly communicate tradeoffs
- Experience working with a MPP data warehouse (aka Redshift,
- Experience configuring and optimizing data pipelines
- Experience in Marketing Analytics field
Experience on AWS Sagemaker stack & pattern
- General software design patterns (REST, MVC, Auto-scaling,
What we offer you
- More data than you could imagine to play with!
- Data that matters and that is shaping the impact of billion
- Brillant, motivated and passionate colleagues with whom to
spend your time.
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture- we work in an
open environment while working together to get things done, and
adapt to the changing needs as they come.
- Market competitive total compensation package.
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching.
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and work with
people across the entire company
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship
programs, leadership training, access to conferences and employee
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental,
exceptional maternity leave coverage, unlimited PTO, flexible
schedule, 401K/RRSPs matching and much more.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we'd
love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet
all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and
methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent
and interest over specific experience.
While this position can be remote, Numerator is only able to
hire in many, but not all, states and provinces. In certain cases,
if you are not located in a specific area where Numerator is able
to hire, you may not be eligible for employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by the law.
Keywords: 360pi, Chicago , Deep Learning Engineer, Other , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!