CNO Financial Group is hiring a Health Underwriter to Evaluate,
within company philosophy and guidelines, risk of applicants for
life or health insurance. Communicate, in verbal and written forms,
risk selection, products, and services.
This is your opportunity to be a part of high collaborative
Health Underwriting team.
As a Health Underwriter, your responsibilities will include:
- Selection of risk to include evaluation of medical and
non-medical risks, research and assessment of appropriate rating
and/or morbidity category.
- Request and review medical records, lab tests, EKGs, MVRs,
inspections, phone interviews and other information as it relates
to selection of risk for life insurance.
- Communication both verbal and written with the field force
regarding selection of risk, products and service.
- Communication with the medical director and /or reinsurance
companies as appropriate.
- Coding and reporting of information as required by the Medical
- Meet or exceed established department standards for production
The Health Underwriter position is well-suited for you if
- Naturally curious and possess strong research skills.
- Thrive independently with minimal supervision but also enjoy
teamwork and collaboration.
- Communication clearly and professional, both written and
- Understand how to analyze qualitative data and apply
underwriting guidelines using professional judgement.
- Strive for continual improvement and receives guidance, advice,
and constructive criticism in a positive
- Comfortable with change environment and easily adapts to
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors' degree in relevant field or equivalent work
- Medical knowledge - At least one years of working knowledge
related to medical impairments
- Industry knowledge - At least one year of insurance
- Experience interpreting inspection reports, MVRs, medical
records and other types of information as it applies to the
selection of risk
- Evaluation of applications to ensure that all state guidelines
and rules are complied with.
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health
and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to
middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance
brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our
customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect
their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies
and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates,
5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide
individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued
growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity
& Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and
At CNO Financial Group, we're always looking forward-to the
security and stability we help create for our insurance brands'
customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're
looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you
with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development,
helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your
contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more
information, visit CNOinc.com.